Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
jalbrecht89
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Most absorbent AIO???

What is your absolute favorite AIO for absorbancy on a heavy wetter?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our BGEs are pretty absorbent and I have some Swaddlebees Simplex on the way as well, which I've he's good things about. I don't think any AIO is ideal for a HW, though. We can usually get 3 hours out of a BGE but DS has leaked out of them a couple times too,
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
jalbrecht89
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Most absorbent AIO???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Our BGEs are pretty absorbent and I have some Swaddlebees Simplex on the way as well, which I've he's good things about. I don't think any AIO is ideal for a HW, though. We can usually get 3 hours out of a BGE but DS has leaked out of them a couple times too,
He usually gets changed about every 2 hours...or sooner...but is sometimes soaked to where I have to change his whole outfit.

I have used small BG...I think they are 3.0...I don't know. They have a stuffable pocket, but on my 6 week old stuffing them makes them huge! I tried the Little Joey NB aio and LOVED it, but he is now out of NB diapers. I just got in today some pocket Rumparooz to try. Also a Rainshine. I have coming a sbish fitted to try.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbrecht89 View Post
He usually gets changed about every 2 hours...or sooner...but is sometimes soaked to where I have to change his whole outfit.

I have used small BG...I think they are 3.0...I don't know. They have a stuffable pocket, but on my 6 week old stuffing them makes them huge! I tried the Little Joey NB aio and LOVED it, but he is now out of NB diapers. I just got in today some pocket Rumparooz to try. Also a Rainshine. I have coming a sbish fitted to try.
Every one of our pockets has leaked on us, more often than not. Hemp, bamboo or cotton instead of microfiber helped, but it's not reliable every time. AIO's have worked better for us.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbrecht89

The sized BGs were never absorbent enough for my DS at all. I think the BGEs would work well for your little guy. They get pretty small and the organic cotton is much more absorbent than most mf.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
jalbrecht89
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
The sized BGs were never absorbent enough for my DS at all. I think the BGEs would work well for your little guy. They get pretty small and the organic cotton is much more absorbent than most mf.
So they are Organic cotton? Didnt know that since I have never had those. I will try them and see how they do! My 2 year old wears nothing but Kawaii MF. Maybe thats why he has leaks!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

So they are Organic cotton? Didnt know that since I have never had those. I will try them and see how they do! My 2 year old wears nothing but Kawaii MF. Maybe thats why he has leaks!!
Yes, birdseye to be exact (a type of cotton). Mf works well for some people but my kid peed so much it just couldn't hold it well and we got compression leaks (any pressure against the diaper makes the pee squeeze out of the insert and creates a leak).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

Our BGE's are great and our one Grasshopper is great too. I like our Primm n' Proper is too small for my toddler but is working well, so far, for my super soaker 3 month old.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
Kencke
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
What is your absolute favorite AIO for absorbancy on a heavy wetter?
I love the bumgenius freetime i used it for my DD when she would sleep :-) bumgenius pockets and are amazing too
Kencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
iheartua07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencke

I love the bumgenius freetime i used it for my DD when she would sleep :-) bumgenius pockets and are amazing too
I've also had luck with these for my HW
iheartua07 is offline   Reply With Quote