Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is there a type of fleece that I can use as a liner that works REALLY well for

stay dry? I had bought a half yrd. from Wal-Mart and it doesn't do too well for stay dry. It's thin, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

My dd doesn't do well at all with wetness touching her skin and we've all but given up on cloth.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, you need microfleece. Many materials (cotton) will hold the moisture so they won't work. Also, some folks say any fleece will work but my experience has been that thicker fleeces repel and we have leaks. Microfleece works beautifully though - just cut it to the size you want.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You could try the malden mills fleece. It's the same type used to make many fleece diaper covers, like the fanciful bears pull on cover (which I loved). They don't have it at joanns, I ordered some from an internet site a few years back. It's nice and thick
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is there a type of fleece that I can use as a liner that works REALLY well for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1583 View Post
You could try the malden mills fleece. It's the same type used to make many fleece diaper covers, like the fanciful bears pull on cover (which I loved). They don't have it at joanns, I ordered some from an internet site a few years back. It's nice and thick
you do not want this, actually, it's used as a cover material, it doesn't easily allow liquid thru. you want microfleece.

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBuggaBoutique

you do not want this, actually, it's used as a cover material, it doesn't easily allow liquid thru. you want microfleece.
Yep...it will repel like I was saying.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is there a type of fleece that I can use as a liner that works REALLY well for

microfleece is sometimes also called microchamois fleece, I bought ours at Hancock fabric, but I really had to dig for it to find the decent stuff in store. It was $12.99 a yard, and that was 18 months ago, but they always have a coupon or sale.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Microfleece works well! You can order microchamois (microfleece) from Fabric.com at a decent price:

http://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashio...is-fabric.aspx

Also try a breathable cover made from wool or fleece; my son needed both stay-dry inners and breathable covers to keep the rashies away.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, thanks ladies! I thought what I had from WalMart was microfleece? It was thin and let the pee go through to the diaper. It wasn't keeping her dry ENOUGH though.

Melanie, the fleece and/or wool is a great idea, if I hadn't just got done buying most of her winter wardrobe at Once Upon a Child...sigh. I hadn't thought of fleece/wool. Shoot.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote