Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Which scale do you go by to determine weight gain?

Do you count your weight gain during pregnancy based on a scale you have at home? Or the one at the doctor's office?

According to my scales at home, I'm 12 weeks and haven't gained or lost anything.

My chart at the midwife office shows I've gained 4 pounds already - probably was that lunch out just before the appt and the clothes since I weigh nekid at home first thing in the morning.

What about you?

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Whatever my doc says. I figure her scale is more accurate then my cheapy from target lol

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which scale do you go by to determine weight gain?

I honestly don't look at the dr. office or weigh myself at home while pregnant.

If I was watching it I wouldn't compare the at home one to the dr office unless you are wearing the same clothes ect.

I will weigh more at the dr office than at home since at home I usually weigh myself before I shower (naked) Dr. office I have clothes and shoes on plus any food/drink from that day.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whichever one makes me the lightest.

I go by the midwife's scale. It should be pretty close to accurate if you use the same one consistently.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

One scale at my midwives office is almost 2lbs off. My scale, her other scale and my dr's scale are all the same
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always weighed myself at home and told the midwife the number. She had a scale in the office, of course, but I'd rather go by the morning number.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use mine at home. It's a nice scale and is very consistent. I weigh at the same time with the same basic clothes on (underwear). At the OB's office, I may go in the morning or afternoon and that can make a difference based on when I ate. I might go in with pants on or shorts which makes a difference. I might wear tennis shoes or sandles. (I almost always where tennis shoes. ) I also sometimes drink a ton of water before going and sometimes not.

So, I think at home first thing in the AM in the same clothing is more accurate.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine at home. When I go to the Dr ive usually just eating dinner or a late lunch. I have been using the same scale consistantly for 2 years. So I think that's more accurate then the scale I use a few times during pregnancy.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went by the doctors scale with dd. the first and only time u went to meet the dr with this baby (only meet and greet, no real appt til oct 1st). The nurse weighed me and the scale said the exact same as mine at home so will prob go by drs scale again this go round but I like pp response that said "whichever makes me lighter" that's awesome
Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I use mine at home mainly. My doctors office scale is not all too fancy (like a $20 scale that has the little spinner to recalibrate to zero or any number. Many times its not on zero when i go in) my last doc office they had more advanced scales, but they wernt all that consistent between each other.)

Usually my gain or loss is the same however this go around, and correlates to my scale at home even if the weight is slightly off.

Also I usually don't get into the OB until 8 weeks or so, and by then I've usually lost weight due to morning sickness, so I wouldn't consider that my "starting weight"

Last edited by champatlife; 09-12-2012 at 09:28 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote