Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Going home outfit

What is your baby wearing home from the hospital?

I just finished Isabelle's outfit and matching outfits for Karmen and Adrianna and I LOVE them. I'm going to get pics tomorrow when the sun is out.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Going home outfit

What a great idea! I will probably be birthing at home, but I'm thinking of having a "0" birthday party and all the kids could have matching outfits. mmm... now to decide what I could make a baby girl that would match the big brothers?

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that, with all the cute pants, onesies, shirts, skirts, etc combos that are out there for tiny and even NB babies, the best, coziest and comfiest outfit for a baby of ANY age, but especially a NB is a sleeper with footies. No elastic pressing around their tummy, no edges or seams around their legs/crotch area, no elastic from the top of socks pinching around their ankles, and no drafts or chills from clothes riding up or having something uncovered. if i'd known THEN (before DS was born) what i know now, i wouldn't have bought any pants or shirts for the first year. maybe a FEW onesies, but not many...just to wear alone on really hot days. but mostly, i would've only bought t-shirt style rompers for hot days and a bunch of footie sleepers in cotton for normal and cool days, and in terry cloth and fleece for colder days!

i would definitely send baby home in a sleeper...they're the cutest outfit too...makes baby really look like a teeny, adorable baby!
starbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbeam View Post
I think that, with all the cute pants, onesies, shirts, skirts, etc combos that are out there for tiny and even NB babies, the best, coziest and comfiest outfit for a baby of ANY age, but especially a NB is a sleeper with footies. No elastic pressing around their tummy, no edges or seams around their legs/crotch area, no elastic from the top of socks pinching around their ankles, and no drafts or chills from clothes riding up or having something uncovered. if i'd known THEN (before DS was born) what i know now, i wouldn't have bought any pants or shirts for the first year. maybe a FEW onesies, but not many...just to wear alone on really hot days. but mostly, i would've only bought t-shirt style rompers for hot days and a bunch of footie sleepers in cotton for normal and cool days, and in terry cloth and fleece for colder days!

i would definitely send baby home in a sleeper...they're the cutest outfit too...makes baby really look like a teeny, adorable baby!
I totally agree - except with little girls the temptation is too strong...
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's dd's coming home outfit-to-be

that I made for her... sure hope it fits...

Excited to see others' pics!!!
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocowgirl View Post

I love this. I knitted a bunch of sleep sacs and matching hats but I'm still new to knitting and even those took forever for me to get done.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

DD1 came home in a cute but pretty generic sleeper with a Christmas print.

DD2 and 3 both came home in the same colts skirty onsie.

Clearly that's not something I can put on a baby boy. So I am going to try to make him a Colts outfit, a little fleece set I think. Of course, his name is Colton, so it's going to look like that's why we named him that, but oh well.

That is of course if I have the time! Contrax 20 minutes apart since 8am. I might end up heading in later on today just to get checked.
happysmileylady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocowgirl View Post

That is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen! I LOVE it!!! Please please please post pics of her in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
DD1 came home in a cute but pretty generic sleeper with a Christmas print.

DD2 and 3 both came home in the same colts skirty onsie.

Clearly that's not something I can put on a baby boy. So I am going to try to make him a Colts outfit, a little fleece set I think. Of course, his name is Colton, so it's going to look like that's why we named him that, but oh well.

That is of course if I have the time! Contrax 20 minutes apart since 8am. I might end up heading in later on today just to get checked.
Whoa! Keep us posted!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Oh, and I have a cute pink and white striped footed pants and side-snap long sleeve t-shirt set for this little girl's coming-home outfit. Also a pink and white and gray owl hat that is just darling. I'll have to get a pic if I can remember.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Finally got a chance to go outside and get some pics. Here is Isabelle's outfit. The onesie is 0-3m If I have time I might make another one newborn size just to make sure it fits her

And of course her big sisters have matching outifts.