Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mamas finding out the gender....

..... You're all making it super hard for this mama to stick it out on team green. The closer I get to knowing we will have another u/s (albeit still 6 weeks away, lol) and the more "it's a boy/girl!" announcements I see, the weaker I get.

In all seriousness though, I am happy for ya'll and wish you big congrats on your boys & girls!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
All this knowing gender stuff is actually doing the opposite for me... I kinda want to go team green! Then again, this is our last and I'm just wanting a little extra excitement but I know that I will want to know so I can start knitting cute stuff but dang... I'm kinda feeling team green so bad!
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Mamas finding out the gender....

This is our last and we found out during the pregnancy with our previous 5. I always find myself saying, "I wish I would have waited until birth so I could have that experience just once!" ..... so we're REALLY trying to stick to team green this time. But man I'm goin' a little batty over here, LOL!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Lanae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dh just told me no... He wants to know lol
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
Dh just told me no... He wants to know lol
LOL! I think I'd prefer if my Dh told me yes, find out or no, wait until birth. EVERYTHING with him is, "It's up to you, babe." UGH. So if I find out and then I'm disappointed that I never waited with any of my kids, I don't get to blame him!? LOL... just kidding, of course. But if he said he prefers one way or another, then at least I have his opinion to consider so it might be easier to sway myself one way or another.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Lanae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, I think I'm just scared of gender disappointment. Dh is 100% he wants this to be the last and I'm trying really hard to accept that because he wasn't totally on board with this one but enough so, that we tried for it... Just happened to get pregnant first cycle! Anyways, we have a little boy and as wonderful as little boys are.... I'd really like a girl. I know that if I wait to find out when it's born, there's no way I'll be disappointed cause I'll be in my baby love place but if I found out its a boy in utero, I'm scared it's going to be really hard for me to accept.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae
Honestly, I think I'm just scared of gender disappointment. Dh is 100% he wants this to be the last and I'm trying really hard to accept that because he wasn't totally on board with this one but enough so, that we tried for it... Just happened to get pregnant first cycle! Anyways, we have a little boy and as wonderful as little boys are.... I'd really like a girl. I know that if I wait to find out when it's born, there's no way I'll be disappointed cause I'll be in my baby love place but if I found out its a boy in utero, I'm scared it's going to be really hard for me to accept.
I'm kinda the opposite. I would be happy either way, but since this is likely our last, I don't want to get too deep into fantasizing either way. I think I'm more likely to experience gender disappointment if I spend 9 months visualizing something different than I'll have. I'm trying to restrain my imagination already, lol.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Lanae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman

I'm kinda the opposite. I would be happy either way, but since this is likely our last, I don't want to get too deep into fantasizing either way. I think I'm more likely to experience gender disappointment if I spend 9 months visualizing something different than I'll have. I'm trying to restrain my imagination already, lol.
Do you think it would have been even harder to accept if you knew that you weren't ever going to have another?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae

Do you think it would have been even harder to accept if you knew that you weren't ever going to have another?
Well, it probably is our last (we are still in our 20s, so a lot could change in the next decade). If there was a medical reason that made it a 100% certainty, it might be harder. Honestly, I think the "no more babies" part is harder than the "never have a boy/girl" part. But I am trying not to imagine one or the other so I don't end up mourning "never having a girl" or "never getting my 3rd son."
Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

When I was first pregnant I was hoping for a boy just to change up things around here, everything is SO girly in a house with ID twin girls! Now that I am further along I kinda like the idea of staying with one gender. I think either way we will be happy. Plus there is no reason why this should be our last baby (although we could end up stopping you never know) we always wanted a larger family so I hope there will be a chance in the future to try again for a boy