Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tilted uterus and heartbeat

So I went for a dating ultrasound a couple weeks ago, heard babies heartbeat and got to see our little peanut

But went for my OB visit yesterday (I am almost 13 weeks) and he couldn't get the heartbeat w/ the doppler. He said in the ultrasound, they could tell I have a tilted uterus and he said that is why we couldn't get the heartbeat.

Now though, I am worried...is it common to have trouble getting the heartbeat w/ a tilted uterus??
Old 09-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Totally what I went through in my first 3 pregnanxy. It wast till 13plus weeks as dr had to search for a Long time. I also never felt movement till 20plus weeks. From what I've read ure uterus changes position. This time we got hb at. 9 weeks even so I'm hoping my uterus is front and center and ill feel movement soon!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tilted uterus and heartbeat

I do remember not getting a heartbeat before 12 weeks before, but was expecting to get it this time, but of course, when the OB feels my belly, he says I only feel 8 weeks preg, so my uterus is really tucked back. I AM feeling some movement, so that is reassuring..it is still that "is that the baby, or something else" kinda movement. My OB was sweet though and told me to come back in 2 weeks so we can try again instead of waiting for another month...glad to know I am not the only one. Thanks for the reassurance.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle
So I went for a dating ultrasound a couple weeks ago, heard babies heartbeat and got to see our little peanut

But went for my OB visit yesterday (I am almost 13 weeks) and he couldn't get the heartbeat w/ the doppler. He said in the ultrasound, they could tell I have a tilted uterus and he said that is why we couldn't get the heartbeat.

Now though, I am worried...is it common to have trouble getting the heartbeat w/ a tilted uterus??
My mom has a tilted uterus and it was a while before they could hear either heartbeat.... Of course this was a couple decades ago, but it's normal.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It can be normal with a tilted uterus. But I would be pushing for an urgent u/s to check things out.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

well, she's already had 1 ultrasound and once you can see the heartbeat, the chances of bad things happening is greatly reduced.

I totally wouldn't worry. As long as you're still feeling fine (or feeling MS - either way), all is well. Very normal
Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
well, she's already had 1 ultrasound and once you can see the heartbeat, the chances of bad things happening is greatly reduced.
Sure... reduced... but that's not a definite thing.

OP - as long as you're comfortable waiting till the next appt, then that's what's best for you. I was saying, for myself, I would be demanding an u/s.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

It's probably not something to worry about, but I'd be demanding an u/s for peace of mind.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't feel worried enough to go get another ultrasound, maybe a teeny bit worried, but talking to my dh today, he said it was that way w/ both our girls (didn't even try to hear the HB by doppler w/ my boys until 17 weeks b/c I was having a homebirth and that is when I had my first appt w/ a midwife).
I go back in 12 days to try again, and if I don't hear it then, I will request the ultrasound.
Thanks ladies!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
I don't feel worried enough to go get another ultrasound, maybe a teeny bit worried, but talking to my dh today, he said it was that way w/ both our girls (didn't even try to hear the HB by doppler w/ my boys until 17 weeks b/c I was having a homebirth and that is when I had my first appt w/ a midwife).
I go back in 12 days to try again, and if I don't hear it then, I will request the ultrasound.
Thanks ladies!
Interesting that it happened with both your girls - that definitely makes a difference to hear that. It could certainly be that your uterus being tilted is causing everything, and sounds even more so that way if you've had this happen before!

for you to feel baby bopping around in there before you even go for the next appt!