Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
littlesteps
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Starting Fresh....

Hi!

I'm a proud SAHM like some/all of most here . It's the best "work" of my life, and I'm excited to start a new chapter in our lives. My daughter has started preschool this year! Yay! I'm excited for her, and missing her too lol. Now that I have all this "free time"- after house work, and school drop-off/pick-up, I'm trying to find a compatible part-time job.

We had our first interview literally three days after I first started applying for positions! I'm happy, but a little nervous as well. I haven't had an interview since 2007. The interview was ok, and the job wasn't exactly what I wanted, and I think we both knew it , so I'm ok with calling this practice. Hoping the next one will be much better.

What are your thoughts here? How do you get over the initial interview? Tips, comments, advice are welcome! My work experience is mostly as an administrative assistant. How are your experiences now? I still can't believe I had an interview so quickly!

Thanks for reading and sharing, it means more than you know .
littlesteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
jessannmurphy
Registered Users

I know it is hard but be yourself. Most people can tell when someone is fake. Answer the question but don't go on and on. Sometimes we can dig our selves in hole by talking to much. Be positive! Good luck!!!
jessannmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
HotPotato1010
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Starting Fresh....

So, how did the interview go?.....
HotPotato1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just be glad you got an interview, and chalk it up as practice. My SIL is having a hard time finding a job, since the economy is not so great. My husband works in HR and helped coach her on how to interview. You need to be confident in your abilities and knowledge.If you are interviewing for a big company, do a little research on it, so you sound knowledgeable in their company, and can show it. Make sure you do not have anything crazy on FB or any social media, some companies look at your profiles and see how you are there too
Old 10-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just realized you are from Illinois too!