Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

Birth "Soundtrack", anyone?

Has anyone found it helpful (or annoying!) to have a soundtrack while laboring? What music did you have? Did you have different music for different stages? I'd love suggestion!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth "Soundtrack", anyone?

I listened to Coldplay's Mylo zyloto or whatever that album is called the entire 2.5 hours for my son's birth. I sang along with the songs during contractions when they started getting rough and it helped me a lot. I love that cd. Now when I listen to it, I remember being in labor with him. My midwife said that she knew when I couldn't sing anymore that I must be getting close to the birth
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got a joke one for you
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
I got a joke one for you
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I got a joke one for you
Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
1healthylady
Registered Users

I had 3 playlists. I never played my 'energy' one because all I wanted to do during early labor was rest (labor started at 11pm). I played my relaxation one a few times, which included Enya, selections from the Braveheart and Princess Bride soundtracks (our wedding music) and other mostly instrumental pieces. I had also prepared a 'labor worship' playlist which had some of my favorite contemporary Christian songs - praise you in this storm, strong enough, brave, el shaddai, etc. DH turned on that playlist after I started feeling pushy, when he thought things were getting really intense. It instantly helped me to focus on the task at hand: bringing new life into this world. The sings I had selected also were a reminder that I was strong enough because I wasn't doing it alone. That playlist was 1.5 hour and it ended just before she crowned. I wanted it to be started again, but couldn't find the words and also didn't want DH to leave my side. Music definitely helped my labor!

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I loved pushing to Bob Marley's Legend.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just listened to this cd http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B00004SZSN
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved Andy Mckee when I was in labor.
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #10
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I listened to a pandora station created from a worship song I really liked by the David Crowder band called "He loves Us" which is a really mournful sounding and powerful sounding song about the depth of God's love that was always really comforting to me during pregnancy when my hyperemesis was really bad. A couple songs came up that I hadnt ever heard before but that I felt spoke especially to where I was at during that moment in my labor. One was called "Never Let Go" by David Crowder, a slow one about how God never let's go of us even in our darkest hour, and another by Tenth Avenue North called "By Your Side" about God being by our side, and urging the listener not to run away from Gods love.

I had read a story in Ina May Gaskin's book about some woman who said that her birth pains were the power of God moving through her and for some reason that struck me as really holy and intimate and I'd really been praying that I'd have that heart. So then when my own labor came I felt myself fighting it off. I'd ask for breaks - and get them! - and then right before transition that tenth avenue north song played and I finally told God that He'd have to get the baby out because I was going to keep fighting unless He just did it. Song ended. I got out of birth pool to meet midwife for first Doppler, transition started, baby born three hours later. It was epic. Lol.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote