Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
KatesCakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
New FL Washer....what do I do?

So, we just got a FL Samsung washing machine....had to, our top loader broke.

I had been using Homemade laundry detergent-Liquid, made w/castile soap, washing soda, and borax. I assume I can not use this anymore.... I don't want to hurt our new machine.

So...what kind of detergent do I use? I was thinking Ecos as I can get it at our Sams club fairly cheap. I don't mind Tide, just don't love the sent, we have sensitive skin....and it's expensive.

Any advice will be helpfull! Thanks in advance ladies!
Kate~SAHM to my two boys Elliot 2/19/09 and Alec 11/2/10 Expecting #3 Oct 12
KatesCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a Samsung FL. I don't make my own detergent but I have used dawn in my washer numerous times without a problem. The thing with FL'ers is you don't want a ton of suds because it can sort of 'overflow' into the bearings of the machine. So try it out but start with a small amount of detergent to see how it suds. I've used ecos and it works great but I also add calgon because we have hard water and ecos+hard water= stinky clothes/diapers. I've actually been using the Mexican deterget called Ariel on our clothes and it works great....verrrry similar to Tide powder and less than half the price, plus its not as scented imo.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DS Forum
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
KatesCakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New FL Washer....what do I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta View Post
I have a Samsung FL. I don't make my own detergent but I have used dawn in my washer numerous times without a problem. The thing with FL'ers is you don't want a ton of suds because it can sort of 'overflow' into the bearings of the machine. So try it out but start with a small amount of detergent to see how it suds. I've used ecos and it works great but I also add calgon because we have hard water and ecos+hard water= stinky clothes/diapers. I've actually been using the Mexican deterget called Ariel on our clothes and it works great....verrrry similar to Tide powder and less than half the price, plus its not as scented imo.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DS Forum
Thank you! I will try out my homemade detergent right now, boys are asleep. It'll be fun to watch my closes get washed too....I'll see how it goes.
Kate~SAHM to my two boys Elliot 2/19/09 and Alec 11/2/10 Expecting #3 Oct 12
KatesCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
smores
Registered Users

Re: New FL Washer....what do I do?

I use Tide HE and Calgon.

i blog here
smores is offline   Reply With Quote