Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Cant believe it's October! How is everyone doing? We are now officially 25 days away from appeal period ending! then we get to move forward!!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Things are going GREAT here! We have had Mr. N for almost 4 weeks! He has fit in perfectly. Sleeps through the night and is very content. We just found out this weekend that his dad has a sentencing hearing on the 4th and will get 5-7 years! He was supposed to have one last visit with his dad but no one showed up to get him. So, the next time he gets to see him he may be almost 8. We have been busy with appt. and we also have our house on the market! It's CRAZY, but a good crazy!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't really know what's going to happen with our current placement. I can say without a doubt reunification with mom will not happen. It's such a sad mess. Baby is great though! Still the easiest of my four newborn placements I've had. We've had her over a month now.

Last edited by WynneBabies; 10-09-2012 at 06:23 PM.
WynneBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
We are getting closer to finalizing! We have to finish with termination of birthfather's rights because he's refusing to take the time to go sign paperwork. Such a lovely fellow. we should have a court date end of December/early January. Let's hope they extend the tax credit if it ends up being January!

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
We are getting closer to finalizing! We have to finish with termination of birthfather's rights because he's refusing to take the time to go sign paperwork. Such a lovely fellow. we should have a court date end of December/early January. Let's hope they extend the tax credit if it ends up being January!
So, IF, for some reason, BD decided now that he wanted to parent... could he get baby back? If legally his parental rights are still intact? Just wondering how that works..... I would be so nervous/worried until it was done!
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've had our little guys for 2 weeks now and they are so great. I have no idea what is going on with the case. The first hearing is on Oct. 31. Anyone know if they could have them return to parents at that hearing? We have been having parenting visits and things have been going well (so it seems to me) so I'm assuming they will go back. I wish they would give me more info so I can prepare my heart. I love these boys so much!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
So, IF, for some reason, BD decided now that he wanted to parent... could he get baby back? If legally his parental rights are still intact? Just wondering how that works..... I would be so nervous/worried until it was done!
Not likely. He would have to hire an attorney in the 3 states the paperwork has gone through. His rights have been terminated in the state of birth, middle state that the adoption is going through, and we are just waiting for them to be terminated in the state we are finalizing in. We don't technically have to terminate them here, but we are covering all our bases. The whole set up of this adoption with the 3 state thing is a bit of a logistical nightmare.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are still waiting for BM to show up and sign consent to adopt / relinquishment. Heard she was supposed to last Tue but didn't show up, and they haven't heard from her since. Paternal rights have been extinguished for named potential BDs. Baby will be three months old in nine days. I also texted her about visiting and didn't hear anything either.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy
We are still waiting for BM to show up and sign consent to adopt / relinquishment. Heard she was supposed to last Tue but didn't show up, and they haven't heard from her since. Paternal rights have been extinguished for named potential BDs. Baby will be three months old in nine days. I also texted her about visiting and didn't hear anything either.
Yikes! What happens if she does not sign? We sort of went through this with our little guy. But we are adopting from the county. little man would have become a ward of the court (foster child) but they found her, and she signed the morning of the court hearing, so that didn't happen. So parental rights of the father are terminated now? That's good! It takes forever in California. :/
Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
Yikes! What happens if she does not sign? We sort of went through this with our little guy. But we are adopting from the county. little man would have become a ward of the court (foster child) but they found her, and she signed the morning of the court hearing, so that didn't happen. So parental rights of the father are terminated now? That's good! It takes forever in California. :/
At six months we (not sure if it's actually my husband and I or our agency) will have to petition the court to terminate her rights based on abandonment. However, I've heard that then you can finalize the adoption right at that time instead of waiting six more months from when she signs. So, say she signs next week. Then we have to wait six more months which would be until baby is nine months old before setting a court date to finalize.