Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Big Mamas October Support Thread

Here goes the monthly thread for The Big Mamas...

This thread is for the mamas who have a long road ahead of them... Naomi started this thread because she felt that the Big Mamas face different struggles when working on weight loss. We don't just need to lose a few pounds to feel happy, we need to drop large portions of weight to be healthy and active!

Feel free to join me and the other ladies anytime!

If you feel comfortable give:

Your name
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March)
Long-Term Goal
Weight Lost to Date
Weight Loss Plan

I know it is a little intimidating to give your weight, but I really feel it is important to "say it out loud", so if you can, say that number for the last time and watch it shrink!

This thread is for the Big Mamas...women who are about 50-70lbs or more over their healthy weight (or were at the beginning of their journey). Join the ladies and I as we work our way to a healthier us!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mamas October Support Thread

Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 185 (195 the month before I "officially" started)
Current Weight 155
Short-Term Goal 155 (into the healthy BMI!!!) by October1--MET!-- Long-Term Goal 135lbs or 50 lbs lost
New Short Term Goal- Break into the 140's by Thanksgiving.
Weight Lost to Date 30lbs
Weight Loss Plan Eat to keep blood sugar under control, track food using Myfitnesspal, add in exercise again.

Only frustrating thing is that when I went to grab my stats from last month, I've only lost one lb. 1 stinking lb in a whole month! It sure isn't coming off fast. I've been really focusing on upping the water today and I did a 10 min. core workout today. It's not a lot but it's a start. I have noticed my tummy getting flabbier again so I need to start working out again. I think it was tighter 5lbs ago when I was working out than it is now so I need to get back to it.

Last edited by slimy72; 10-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Your name: Kimmie
Starting Weight: 172
Current Weight: 154.9
Short-Term Goal: 143 by December 1st
Long-Term Goal: 130
Weight Lost to Date: 18 lbs
Weight Loss Plan: Weight Watchers and low carb/high protein
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

This stinks. I've been stuck at 172 for a few weeks now... What gives?! Every lb I try to take off is getting more and more difficult! This is so frustrating. I know I'm getting really close to my healthy BMI so I'm wondering if that has something to do w it? I've also been doing more strength training but I can't imagine I've built up that much muscle to make me keep the same weight these last few weeks. Grrrrr....

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I gained 4 lbs doing nothing last week, so do not feel bad. I ate healthy and went right back up. You would think I ate a whole cake. I lost a few ounces to get back down a bit, but I am struggling to see the scale go back down.

You could be at a stall weight. I can sit at 167 indefinately at times. It drives me crazy.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm at the same point my body loves this weight. Ive been trying to get down for month and every time I do I go right back up again.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I'm at the same point my body loves this weight. Ive been trying to get down for month and every time I do I go right back up again.
My body loves this weight too. My stomach really seems to want to hold onto its fat too.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Welcome new mamas!

I had a cheat day today. I've never done this before so I'm nervous to see how it plays out. I will tell you, I have a nasty headache and I'm pretty sure it's from all the junk I've eaten today, but I'd be lying if I'd said I didn't have fun eating it, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I totally share your frustration!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #9
Oropeza13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm back again.

Your name: Becky

Starting Weight: 229
Current Weight:: 226
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Still aiming for 219, so 10lbs this month
Long-Term Goal: 159-169
Weight Lost to Date: 3lbs...but I'm not counting this as a loss. I've been stuck between 226-229 for a long time now.
Weight Loss Plan: I think I need to change some 'health' things before I worry about the numbers. I've had a lot of headaches last month. I have no clue why I am so lazy, but I need to take my blood sugar EVERY DAY and my metformin! I also have been having migraines come back in full swing. I think this really chalks up to my "low-normal" blood pressure, so I think I'm going to buy a machine to use at home and monitor this and my sugars to take in to my doctor next month. My plans for eating remains the same. I've been following a vegetarian/vegan diet with a 'meal plan' from the nutritionists. They have me on a 1600 calorie diabetic diet plan. Soooo my #1 thing this month basically is my journal...log ALL food/meals, take blood sugar, blood pressure, take medication on time so my doctor can have something to work with when I go in.

TTC
Oropeza13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Mokzie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morgan
Starting Weight: 235
Current Weight: 235
Short-Term Goal: 199 by New Years
Long-Term Goal: 150 in as long as it takes!
Weight Lost to Date: I've only been gaining. Time to change!
Weight Loss Plan: Cut meals in half, drink more water, join a zumba class and keep moving.. also, daily walks. Keep on my thyroid meds too.. just found out a month ago that I have hypothyroidism. Today is the day I begin the change forever!! NEW LIFE HERE I COME!
Mokzie is offline   Reply With Quote