Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Installing issue...need suggestions!

I have a Britax Frontier for my 5 yo ds (it's an older version...but I'm not totally sure which one). I cannot get it installed properly in my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer.

For starters I cannot get it to hook to the LATCH. I have tried....my hubby has tried (and he's a big strong guy) and we can't get the latch mechanism far enough in the seat to catch. I want to keep ds in a 5 point as long as possible (he's about about 37 lbs right now).

Then...my seatbelt doesn't seem to be long enough to do the long-path install. Although it's quite possible...probable even...that I'm doing something wrong as it's terribly confusing.

The short belt path doesn't get the carseat tight enough.

I've looked into a carseat install in our area...but the only one that is scheduled is on a day I cannot make it. (I went to the local Health Department to have them help me install ds2's seat rear-facing and the lady was an idiot. She had no idea what she was doing!!)

Am I doomed to never use this seat?? It's his favorite!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Installing issue...need suggestions!

There are some awesome you tube videos with good details on installing with long belt path. Those and a good long while pouring over the book and I finally managed to get it in with the long belt path. Good luck, it took me a while to figure it out. The first time I did it I also thought my belt was to short because of the path I was using.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
There are some awesome you tube videos with good details on installing with long belt path. Those and a good long while pouring over the book and I finally managed to get it in with the long belt path. Good luck, it took me a while to figure it out. The first time I did it I also thought my belt was to short because of the path I was using.
I did this, too. My suburban's belts are *just* long enough.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I will try again!! Thank you!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote