Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

just wondering.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

Only on here, but I don't open up circ/intact threads. I don't really know how to explain it- I don't personally feel judged but I still feel judged. And not by every one just some mamas on here get pretty passionate and we all know how nasty things can sometimes get. IRL I have only ever met 1 intact person, so being intact is consider more of an oddity the circ around here.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
LeslieT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I have had lots of super rude & ****ty comments IRL for leaving my second & third sons intact, though.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just here, but I really don't care. It's just like the abortion debate, everyone thinks their pov is the only right one and their is good evidence for both sides so the fight goes on.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
Just here, but I really don't care. It's just like the abortion debate, everyone thinks their pov is the only right one and their is good evidence for both sides so the fight goes on.
This is a good way to put it

Like I said in the other thread my first is circ'ed because personally I didn't have all the information. My second is intact. I changed my mind after some moms on here helped me out. But those moms were nice, did not ever say that my first was mutilated or not perfect. I would have never listened to someone like that.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another vote for just here. Now with all of the anti-circ threads I see, I feel guilty that I did it. I really don't think I should have to feel guilty for a parenting choice I made for my children.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyme View Post
Another vote for just here. Now with all of the anti-circ threads I see, I feel guilty that I did it. I really don't think I should have to feel guilty for a parenting choice I made for my children.
Do not feel guilty. This is what I'm talking about with those that contribute to mommy wars. It is NOT right. And TBH, outside of parenting boards at least in the places I've been, no one really talks about it and it's not near the deal it is here.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have a son, but we're team green and I'm pregnant.

because of the nasty comments on here, I will never tell anyone what we choose if we have a boy.

the options enter my mind constantly and we've discussed what DH would like to do in the event this baby becomes a boy - since we will have just days to figure it out. I already feel judged just because I am considering both options and I know some people think it's so cut and dry that I shouldn't be.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra

This is a good way to put it

Like I said in the other thread my first is circ'ed because personally I didn't have all the information. My second is intact. I changed my mind after some moms on here helped me out. But those moms were nice, did not ever say that my first was mutilated or not perfect. I would have never listened to someone like that.
I have girls, but plan on keeping any future sons intact. I hate when people say things like mutilated, or that its abusive. Thats not gonna convince anyone to change their mind. More flys with honey than vinegar kwim?

**my auto correct changed flys to sluts rotfl

Sent from my droid
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
I have girls, but plan on keeping any future sons intact. I hate when people say things like mutilated, or that its abusive. Thats not gonna convince anyone to change their mind. More flys with honey than vinegar kwim?

**my auto correct changed flys to sluts rotfl

Sent from my droid
Exactly. This is how I approach it or would if it came up.