Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

halloween costumes.. easy, cheap, handmade?

cheap is very important, prefer handmade, but will buy if it's the cheapest.. .. .. I normally can persuade my boys to dress how I want them to, but that has come to an end. One wants to be Sonic and the other blue angry birds (space version). I need ideas on how to throw this together. it doesn't have to be perfect. I prefer it to not be hot (it's hot down here and they will sweat like crazy), and something that can be worn to school, aka, not bulky or difficult to get off and on for potty trips.

Sonic.. some ideas.. fleece hat, stuff spikes with poly fill. 2 piece for body so my son can go to the potty easily. for kindergartener

Angry birds.. I have no idea. for 2nd grader.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Blessings
cheap is very important, prefer handmade, but will buy if it's the cheapest.. .. .. I normally can persuade my boys to dress how I want them to, but that has come to an end. One wants to be Sonic and the other blue angry birds (space version). I need ideas on how to throw this together. it doesn't have to be perfect. I prefer it to not be hot (it's hot down here and they will sweat like crazy), and something that can be worn to school, aka, not bulky or difficult to get off and on for potty trips.

Sonic.. some ideas.. fleece hat, stuff spikes with poly fill. 2 piece for body so my son can go to the potty easily. for kindergartener

Angry birds.. I have no idea. for 2nd grader.
Get blue fleece and sew to pieces together and cut out the head and arm holes( will not fray)
Get felt and sew( or glue) on embellishments
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: halloween costumes.. easy, cheap, handmade?

My 4 yo wanted to be sonic, the costumes are 50.00 +! She changed her mind but we were going to do blue sweats, sneakers with red tape, white gloves, and spike hair and spray it blue.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My friend did angry birds last year. She used felt and sewed a large circle then did the face and glued it on.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 2 decided they want to be zombies so it isn't going to cost us anything. I have makeup green and black eyeshadow and looked on YouTube for how to so makeup. They are going to wear old ripped up stained clothes. We're going to put some fake blood on them and make them look dirty and wore in.
-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
bfuzzy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can anyone help with a ninja costume? I was thinking all black clothes, make a cardboard sword (dollar store out of the foam ones) which he could decorate himself. How do I make something that goes over his head? I was thinking a face mask hat, but Target wanted $15. Maybe the dollar store might have one? Some emblem we could pin on his shirt out of fleece or felt? I am so not creative! Any ideas welcome. Thanks!

Kelly
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I think I figured out what I am going to do with the angry birds. I think I am going to get 2 poster boards, cut them to shape, paint them, and link them like a sandwich board. He'll wear plain clothes under neath it. I think this will be the cheapest option since all I will need to buy is 2 poster boards and some flat rope or something to link them. I think I might have an old belt I can use. This way, he'll get to put the poster on his wall when he's done wearing it.

ninja... I'd go with black pants and a long sleeve big baggy black t shirt. get some red fleece and make a strip to wrap around his waist. you can do another red strip around his forehead.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuzzy2 View Post
Can anyone help with a ninja costume? I was thinking all black clothes, make a cardboard sword (dollar store out of the foam ones) which he could decorate himself. How do I make something that goes over his head? I was thinking a face mask hat, but Target wanted $15. Maybe the dollar store might have one? Some emblem we could pin on his shirt out of fleece or felt? I am so not creative! Any ideas welcome. Thanks!

Kelly
We were going to use a black balaclava pulled up to the eyes, but DS changed his mind. If you don't have all his winter stuff already, and you are planning to get a face covering, just get black and count it towards your winterizing budget?
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
bfuzzy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
We were going to use a black balaclava pulled up to the eyes, but DS changed his mind. If you don't have all his winter stuff already, and you are planning to get a face covering, just get black and count it towards your winterizing budget?
I agree on the hat for winter use I have checked the resale shops but havent found any. I will look at Walmart and the dollar tree this weekend
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
jackkant
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuzzy2 View Post
I agree on the hat for winter use I have checked the resale shops but havent found any. I will look at Walmart and the dollar tree this weekend
How about out of a black T-shirt? Like this:

My blog, The Weekly What-What?! updates on Sundays and Thursdays.

EZ Squeezees Reusable Baby Food Pouch Product Review and Recipe
-- Children's Farm Books -- Children's Steampunk Picture Books
jackkant is offline   Reply With Quote