Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Spotting

What do I do? last time, I found out I was gonna m/c during an ultrasound, so they were there to take care of everything for me. Do I need to call a dr? I haven't even seen one yet this pregnancy! I'm 8w3d. I had a tiny bit of pink spotting yesterday, but managed to convince myself I'd imagined it...but I just got up and am having some brown/dark red spotting. T_T I don't want this to be a m/c...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spotting

Every miscarriage is different. My two recent ones were completely different. I've even had a bleeding scare this pregnancy and everything is fine so bleeding doesn't always mean a m/c is happening. I would go to the er or wait until the bleeding either stops or picks up. If it stops I'd call my OB first thing in the morning and ask to be seen that day for possible m/c. If it picks up I'd go to the er to see what is going on. Some times there is cramping and sometimes there isn't. Listen to your gut and do what will make you comfortable. If it is leaking onto a pad personally I'd go right now. I hope everything is fine and I'm praying you and baby are ok.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bleeding is possible and many times considered normal within the first trimester of pregnancy. I bled for 2 of my 4 kids in my first trimester. 1 of them was bright red bleeding. I went on to have healthy pregnancies (with the exception of them both being 36 weekers).

With that said, I've also suffered a miscarriage, and I believe that each MC is different that other ones. With the one I had, it was crampy, lots of bleeding (both bright and dark blood), tons of clotting, and depression.

I think the best thing you can do right now is to call your OB/midwife, and let them know. They may want to order blood work, do an ultrasound, or have you go to the ER for evaluation.

Sometimes, bleeding can be caused by different factors. Sex, too much exercise/lifting/or straining, too much stress, as well as unknown causes. I've bled after sex while pregnant often. So, we had to be much more careful.

Just call your care providor and let them guide you in the right direction. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had spotting around 8-ish weeks with my youngest. My midwife says that spotting is very common around the time of your 2nd missed period. No clue why but it is.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have heard old blood like that u shouldn't worry about. I was told lots of blood & cramping is when I need to be worried.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had spotting once when I overdid myself with moving around one day. Another time when we dtd a few days in a row. This was with my last baby, Sylvia.