Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thread for those who've tried for a year +?

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but we've been trying for almost a year and half and I find it a little difficult to take part in the TTC threads where women pop up pregnant in a month or two. Anyone else interested in a thread for those of us who've been trying for a while now?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread for those who've tried for a year +?

I would be. There's also a thread in struggles and support for mamas like us, but I don't always check in so I get deleted if I don't post in their thread for 30 days. It would be nice to have a more relaxed thread where we all can just chat.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jena, chihuahua momma is right... there are struggles and support thread for mommas who either can't conceive right away or have had losses or those who have troubles staying pregnant. We have been trying for almost three years and I had to duck out of the specific group only because we had a recent loss of our son this summer and it was just really painful but I always find I keep on coming back to DS because its the one place where I feel I can talk freely and be very open about the ups and downs of TTC. The struggles and support mommas are AMAZING!!! I still check in frequently but rarely post. Some of the graduates this year are the ladies I started out with a year and a half ago and there success stories are so inspiring and wonderful and they really struggled for their beautiful babies so when they do get BFPs it doesn't seem be so "run of the mill" . (hopefully that doesn't sound bad because no BFP is every run of the mill but you know what I mean)

I would check in there and was actually planning on doing it myself as well. Hopefully it will be soon for you!! And don't worry your not a debbie downer! Ha I understand the feeling though. My friends think about becoming pregnant and poof instant success with much rejoicing to follow!! I feel like all my trying and losses just seem to make everything seem so gloomy and who wants to downer all the time. Again, so sorry it takes some of us so long. Try the SS group! Praying its your year!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Craftin'Diva
Registered Users
Formerly: Diaper'nDiva
seller

My Mood:

I would... I have been around forever but don't feel like I really fit in the struggles and support area ... mainly because we aren't pursuing medical help (other than the basic testing we already had that showed both DH and I are completely healthy with no real reason for infertility, although I have my own theory that I am able to fix myself... just can't seem to get the motivation) nor will we ever pursue medical options. We have a boy and a girl (plus he has one of each from a previous marriage, one of which that lives with us) so we know how blessed we are... and while we want another, if we never get another, we accept that and can be okay with it. Although, I will always hope.

I post answers to stuff occasionally but I don't really belong to any threads because well, the outcome for me has been the same for so long that following me isn't really exciting for anyone, lol. So for me, a thread like this, in the main section, would be fantastic!
Jeri, Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), a (1/12) and full time StepMonster to Shelby (16). Married to my soul mate, Eric for over 10 years! Awaiting a rainbow after our loss and 5 years of secondary infertility!
"A strong person is not one who doesn't cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds a tear for a moment, then picks up her sword and fights again!"
Craftin'Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

I agree, it is hard when you have been trying a long time and women join and get their BFP that month. I don't begrudge them their BFP, but it just makes it harder for me. I've found myself doing a little better mentally after backign away from the TTC group I belong to over the past couple of weeks. I've been more relaxed, which I am hoping will be good for TTC. Anyway, I am not sure if a thread will be started, but to all of us who have been trying without success. It is just such a sucky, crappy place to be. Praying for all of us to get our miracles.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would be interested. I'm always looking for more support. We are coming up on a year now, but we don't have any children yet, so I don't feel cofortable in the struggles thread. We already have some known fertility issues diagnosed.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

How about a thread for 2+ yrs and so on. I hate feeling like the odd one out but it took us 12 YEARS to have a baby ( my first is from my first husband) and now we are coming up on 2 years of trying again. I want to cry.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftin'Diva
I would... I have been around forever but don't feel like I really fit in the struggles and support area ... mainly because we aren't pursuing medical help (other than the basic testing we already had that showed both DH and I are completely healthy with no real reason for infertility, although I have my own theory that I am able to fix myself... just can't seem to get the motivation) nor will we ever pursue medical options. We have a boy and a girl (plus he has one of each from a previous marriage, one of which that lives with us) so we know how blessed we are... and while we want another, if we never get another, we accept that and can be okay with it. Although, I will always hope.

I post answers to stuff occasionally but I don't really belong to any threads because well, the outcome for me has been the same for so long that following me isn't really exciting for anyone, lol. So for me, a thread like this, in the main section, would be fantastic!
Hey! I feel the same! Unexplained infertility. We DO have a 2 yr old together that took 12 yrs but only happened when we both dropped a ton of weight. Then I gained it back :/ sooooo.....well you know.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

I would be intrested in it. We've been TTC for 14? months now, I can't remember for sure.