Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
mskalinin
Registered Users
seller

Replace Elastic? BTDT?

Hi ladies! I have a bunch of aplix Kawaii baby diapers that I love. We have been using them for about 1.5 years on one baby, but the elastic seems to be wearing out fast on pretty much all of them. The legs aren't bad, but the waist elastic where I stuff the inserts is awful.

Is it difficult to replace it myself? I have a sewing machine that I am admittedly not that good with, but I can sew a relatively straight line. Has anyone replaced elastic in Kawaii dipes? Or any pocket diapers? Any advice?
mskalinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Replace Elastic? BTDT?

i've done a few pockets, just turn them inside out and seem rip a small amount where the elastics are sewn down, be very careful not to damage the PUL. i just look at how it;s sewn on to the edge and copy that, some people juat attach the new elastic to the old, but i prefer to just take it out. poly braid elastic works best, the only snag is figuring out what length of elastic to use, for BGs it's 4 1/2 inches i think, so i think some where around that will do. HTH. GL.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
mskalinin
Registered Users
seller

Re: Replace Elastic? BTDT?

Thanks so much! I will give it a try!
mskalinin is offline   Reply With Quote