Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do LOs get cold without onesies?

I got my DD some long sleeved shirts for Gymboree to wear with her longies. Do you find your little ones get cold without a onesie, or am I worrying about nothing?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!
Re: Do LOs get cold without onesies?

Hee hee...so cute that you're worrying about that...in theory, a long sleeved tee with longies would be equally warm as a onesie and warm pants...the only difference is the onsie helps prevent the shirt from riding up. I think as long as you're buying tees that fit well (not too short or too snug where they're likely to ride up) then you will be fine. I actually preferred the fit of onesies, so I just snipped off the bottoms of a bunch of onesies and serged the edges so we had nice long onesie-style tees to go with our longies. Sorry for giggling, I hope that didn't come across as patronizing as that was not my intention, I just think it's cute how we (all momma's) worry about every detail to keep our babes perfectly cozy :-)
Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabeadz View Post
Hee hee...so cute that you're worrying about that...in theory, a long sleeved tee with longies would be equally warm as a onesie and warm pants...the only difference is the onsie helps prevent the shirt from riding up. I think as long as you're buying tees that fit well (not too short or too snug where they're likely to ride up) then you will be fine. I actually preferred the fit of onesies, so I just snipped off the bottoms of a bunch of onesies and serged the edges so we had nice long onesie-style tees to go with our longies. Sorry for giggling, I hope that didn't come across as patronizing as that was not my intention, I just think it's cute how we (all momma's) worry about every detail to keep our babes perfectly cozy :-)
Thanks You made me smile. I'm a first time mom (obviously). I love your idea!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post
Thanks You made me smile. I'm a first time mom (obviously). I love your idea!
I'm a first time mom too so I was/am the same way...even still, dd's 3 yrs old now but I still find myself over-thinking every detail in order to get it right I loved onesies and we're just now outgrowing the last of the onesies I snipped and serged. I wish I could get more in her size but seriously, what 3 yr old wears onesies...hahahaha. The 4 pks at Carters.com are my favorite and they go on sale fairly often.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabeadz View Post
I'm a first time mom too so I was/am the same way...even still, dd's 3 yrs old now but I still find myself over-thinking every detail in order to get it right I loved onesies and we're just now outgrowing the last of the onesies I snipped and serged. I wish I could get more in her size but seriously, what 3 yr old wears onesies...hahahaha. The 4 pks at Carters.com are my favorite and they go on sale fairly often.
Well I'm glad to know I'm in good company with the over-thinking! I'll have to watch Carters.com to find some cute ones.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

This post just made me
Keep up the good work mamas!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think LO's get cold without onesies...but when I think onesies I think undershirt. Do you wear just one thing long sleeved shirt in the winter? I almost always have more than one layer on when it's cold. (usually a tank top under a long sleeved shirt) I always put undershirts on both of my DD's. I did cut the snaps off of some onesies so they are just regular undershirts and that is what she wears when she is wearing a fitted and wool. Otherwise, with pockets, she wears a regular onesie under her regular shirt I hate seeing little bellies sticking out of their shirts
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
reachtothestars
Registered Users
seller

We live in upstate NY and walk everywhere no car. No onesies here. Layers long sleeve shirt sweater coat
reachtothestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachtothestars View Post
We live in upstate NY and walk everywhere no car. No onesies here. Layers long sleeve shirt sweater coat
Same here. I always dressed her similar to how I would dress on a cold day...if it's cold, I would never put on an undershirt, I'd throw on a sweater.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope! My little girl has worn a onesie just once, for a photo. She wears wool bottoms over fitteds, and whatever tops are appropriate for the weather, be it a tank top/dress, t-shirt, long sleeved tee, sweater, sweatshirt, thermal + sweater, same general things I wear, just much much smaller
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote