Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

PF at night?

We love our prefolds . And i'm trying to figure out if its ok to use them at night or not. I have a couple FB and doubler-stuffed kissaluvs that i've been using for nighttime, but it would b so much easier to just use pf full-time. I find stuffing the pockets obnoxious ( ).

Anyone else use pf exclusively? How do you make them night-worthy? It just seems soooooo gross to me to leave DS in any diaper for 9-12 hours straight. But i left him in a 4x8x4 infant pf with fleece liner and bsww for 10 hours last night and no leaks! (Which is more than i can say for my super-stuffed pockets)...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: PF at night?

No idea, I don't use PFs and love my pockets but it seems to work great for you according to your info re last night.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

No answer, just interested in others opinions. Oh and I just bought a fuzzi bunn with the insert and YUCKERS. Not for me. I think the feeling of the insert really bothers me personally. It's soft, it isn't that...just something about it against my skin gives me the heebies.

Anyway, I will just sit and watch the replies as I was wondering about this same question!
Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Mistymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbunny
No answer, just interested in others opinions. Oh and I just bought a fuzzi bunn with the insert and YUCKERS. Not for me. I think the feeling of the insert really bothers me personally. It's soft, it isn't that...just something about it against my skin gives me the heebies.

Anyway, I will just sit and watch the replies as I was wondering about this same question!
ITA! I can't STAND the feeling of microfibre inserts. They made me skin crawl. I actually hated everything about Fuzzibunz (and other pockets)...to me they weren't "natural" it was like a different version of sposies, KWIM?

I have used PFs at night successfully. It depends on how heavy a wetter your baby is.
Some things you can do to boost absorbancy are:
Line with a hemp (or thick OC) doubler (I've heard great things about Joey Bunz)
Use OC prefolds instead of CPF (my personal favorites are Fun Organic PFs from Cottontail Babies/Baby or Diaperware & the colorgrown ones from Tiny Birds Organics)
Top with a wool soaker (like an Aristocrat, Lana or thick WAHM soaker)
Put a wool doubler under the doubler (to help pull moisture away from baby)
Line the PF with a smaller PF (like use a NB/infant PF trifolded in the pinned/snappied premium PF, KWIM?)
HTH!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think prefolds work fine for most babies. I prefer topping with a feel dry liner just so baby's bum isn't feeling soaked all night long.

I don't care for new microterry, it's not so bad after it's been well loved. I use mostly hemp in my pockets. Works better, trimmer and no nasty MT feel.

ETA: I wouldn't ever want MT next to baby's skin. It might not hurt it, but ewwww.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.

Last edited by raceNzanesmom; 06-15-2006 at 03:57 PM.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

I use a CPF and a prium DSQ PLUS a hemp soaker, LOL cover wiht a wool cover and the kid is good to go. I love watching them try to walk after I put them in their night time dipe!!!!! It is more like a waddle There is A LOT of fluff between the legs but it beats changing my sheets every day or using sposies at night.

ETA they are SUPER soakers
Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

I like to trifold my pf in a disana tie diaper, that way I don't have to use any pins or a snapi over night. The tie diapers add extra absorbency, and are really good at keeping wool safe from poops. You can also get hemp pf that are great for overnight.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #8
raversangel
Banned

i trifold a hemp prefold, or i have a couple extra velour/sherpa snap ins from various dipes that have gone mia that i use as well it works very well, and he is in it for 10hrs and it doesn't even compeltly soak
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #9
massage mama
Registered Users

I have used a pf angel folded with another PF trifolded as an insert with a snappi all night and no leaks with a wool cover.
I have just recently been folding the insert pf in 4 so I fold it into itself, so the 2 ends into the middle and then fold in half again so no seems are next to the skin and it looks neat and not as bulky through the legs. i also use this inside our FBs when we go out next to the baby's skin not in the pocket and i use the regular micro insert in the pocket and then it is essentially the cover over the PF no leaks for 3 hours or so. Probably could go longer but I never leave a dipe on longer than that because I know he is wet for sure by then. So you could try that for overnight to. I personally like the idea of a bum that can breathe overnight that's why I use wool over a fitted or pf for naps and overnight but the FBs with an insert and prefold wrapped around it in the pocket worked for us too.
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
jodi5
Registered Users

I sometimes trifold a prefold in my tootle shell cover at night with no problems. Usually at night, I will put a minke liner on top as my son seems to like that. I also have a couple of suedecloth sleeves so sometimes put the prefold in that too. Works great!