Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Extreme Cheapskates

Did anyone watch the premiere(s) tonight?? The first episode showed a mother of 6 who used Family Cloth, re-used ziplocs, etc. Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with her segment (family cloth isn't for me, but I don't think it's "weird"). The first guy bugged me tho...I would leave my husband if he walked around a restaurant asking people for their leftovers lol
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

What channel is it on?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Extreme Cheapskates

TLC
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is starting in a min here. I am gonna check it out!
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I dvr'd it but haven't watched yet. To be fair, I think we're in the minority here for even knowing what family cloth is.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I'm not sure we had the same episode?
I was killing myself laughing about the Asian lady. Holy cow she's off the deep end. I wonder when she plans on spending all this money she's saving?
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy View Post
I was killing myself laughing about the Asian lady. Holy cow she's off the deep end. I wonder when she plans on spending all this money she's saving?
She was a bit too much for me....No toilet paper or family cloth at all? Gross....
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The episodes I watched was an asian dumpster diver lady, a guywhopay for food at a restaurant w/ change ( $90 ) and a guy who is cheap to his free online internet dates
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
The episodes I watched was an asian dumpster diver lady, a guywhopay for food at a restaurant w/ change ( $90 ) and a guy who is cheap to his free online internet dates
yes, those were the main episodes, but a couple hours earlier there was a special also called Extreme Cheapskates...like as a prep sort of thing. It featured 3 different people.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

O.K. I had to look up the family cloth on DS because I didn't know what it was. I saw a couple of episodes - the dumpster diver and the double Ph.D. husband who was hoarding money and wouldn't buy any furniture. The dumpster diver was too much for me. Even though she was getting gourmet foods from the trash cans of upscale grocery stores, I'd think she be at risk for food poisoning since she was eating meat that had been in a trash can for who knows how many hours. I can't imagine hauling a used mattress home either. I try to be thrifty but unless I can throw it in the washing machine, scrub it down (i.e., furniture), or hose it down outside . . . forget it! I had a friend whose house was infested w/ bed bugs after a vacation. Kids threw clothes on the floor in a hotel room and they brought the bed bugs home w/ them. What a nightmare! She had to wash everything, get rid of their mattresses, and even had to get rid of the carpeting in the entire house (switched to tile and wood floors).