Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Give me some ideas for chicken breasts!

I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner, and I'm thinking about making something with chicken breasts, but I need some new ideas! They are still in the freezer, so it has to be something that will work with that. Casseroles, crock pot ideas, I'm interested in them all!
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Give me some ideas for chicken breasts!

My sister does what I call "Poor man's dinner." It's 1-2 chicken breasts cooked, whatever veggies you have on hand. (I usually cook them separately.) Throw it all together with 2 c. water, 1 c. rice, cook according to rice directions. Sis uses instant rice, but I've used regular and it works fine. Then we sprinkle cheese on top. That serves 3-4 adults.

I'm cooking chicken breasts right now to throw in with tortellini for dinner tonight.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Chicken, cream of mushroom soup, and cheddar cheese soup. All in a crockpot. Serve over rice or noodles.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

You can boil the chicken and make a casserole with egg noodles, sour cream, cream of chicken soup. Season it and top with cheddar cheese and crumbled Ritz crackers. Bake in the oven. I actually learned this casserole from a mama here. It's a family favorite, and its easy.

You can also find lots of chicken ideas on Pinterest.

Last night we had a casserole with boiled chicken, black beans, salsa, green chilis, sour cream, cheddar cheese, corn, brown rice. Mix it all together, top with cheese and bake for 25 minutes. Some cilantro on top and served with tortillas. It turned out to be delicious

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

crock pot chicken and dumplings. chicken, cream of ... soup, carrots, potatoes and a some bisquick batter on the top.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by avahsmomma View Post
Last night we had a casserole with boiled chicken, black beans, salsa, green chilis, sour cream, cheddar cheese, corn, brown rice. Mix it all together, top with cheese and bake for 25 minutes. Some cilantro on top and served with tortillas. It turned out to be delicious
This sounds awesome!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mmmm....these all sound delicious! I ended up putting some chicken breasts in the crock pot with diced tomatos, black beans, onions, corn and white chicken chili seasoning....I'm thinking I might let that cook, then shred the chicken and later top with shredded cheese, and maybe serve enchilada style, with sour cream, lettuce, tortillas, etc...whatever I can scrape up! We'll see how it is. Thanks for all the ideas (and any others you may have), I'm always looking for new dinner ideas, so I'll definitely be saving these!!
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingingrace
Mmmm....these all sound delicious! I ended up putting some chicken breasts in the crock pot with diced tomatos, black beans, onions, corn and white chicken chili seasoning....I'm thinking I might let that cook, then shred the chicken and later top with shredded cheese, and maybe serve enchilada style, with sour cream, lettuce, tortillas, etc...whatever I can scrape up! We'll see how it is. Thanks for all the ideas (and any others you may have), I'm always looking for new dinner ideas, so I'll definitely be saving these!!
This sounds excellent!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum