Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

light brown spotting?

anybody ever have this while pregnant and in the second trimester? i had some last night and again this morning. i know brown means old blood but i'm still a bit worried. i used the doppler twice yesterday and the hb was strong and fast. i plan to call the clinic this morning. i just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: light brown spotting?

I had brown spotting around 14 weeks. It was super light and very "scant." I wasn't cramping and I frequently checked babes HB with a doppler, so I wasn't too concerned. When I went in for my 16wk checkup which included a pap, my midwife said I had quite a bit of brown blood around my cervix. She said since it was brown she wasn't really concerned but she went ahead & had me go in for a sono to check my cervical length and the placenta. Everything looked great and she decided I probably just have a sensitive cervix which is okay and said as long as it didn't turn to red or get heavy, no need to worry. I spotted quite a bit after the pap, which is pretty normal.. especially since there was blood up there, and I've had 2 episodes of spotting since them. I notice that the episodes I've had recently happen after I have a day of off & on braxton hicks contractions, so I'm thinking her sensitive cervix dx is right.

It probably won't hurt to call your provider & let them know, though. Hopefully all is well.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

thanks that is what i'm thinking it is too. i bled pretty much every time after we dtd in the first trimester so i'm sure it's just old blood left from that. i only had it once this morning and nothing else. i did the elliptical yesterday after not doing it for about 3 days so that may have caused it too. i will call but i plan to just take it easy and as much as i don't want to i may stop doing the elliptical.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

the doc squeezed me in this afternoon and said everything is fine. did an u/s and said that my placenta is a little low so that most likely caused the spotting.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad all is well!