Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

I thought we could make the thread 2 weeks long now since it seems like the weekly participation has waned in recent weeks. Hope all of you on the east coast are staying safe!

QOTW: Besides your family/pets, what are 3 items you'd save from your home in the event you had to evacuate?
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

QOTW: 1) My computer, or at LEAST my external hard drive that has all of our pictures/documents backed up on it. 2) The small file cabinet with all our important documents (birth certificates, SS cards, Tax forms, etc) and professional pics in it. 3) The memory box with all of the kids newborn stuff (foot prints, hospital bracelets, first outfits, etc) in it.

Our big ultrasound is tomorrow. SUPER excited, but also very nervous/anxious and I'm not quite sure why. Just ready to hear "baby looks great!"
Old 10-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mamajewels- yay! Wish mine was tomorow! But friday is only a few more days away! Woooot!
Somebody please tell me to stay away from fsot until I know gender. I have bought 2 pairs of girly longies..and 3 girly covers....cause I am convinced it's going to be another girl..ok...so then why did I turn around and buy a nb wool boy set too?? Because I really , really want ds to have a brother...and I really, really want to do girly cd's cause I haven't done that yet. I need a set of boy/girl twins. Yep! Thats what I need! Lol!

Last edited by roseyroberts; 10-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.
roseyroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts View Post
Mamajewels- yay! Wish mine was tomorow! But friday is only a few more days away! Woooot!
Somebody please tell me to stay away from fsot until I know gender. I have bought 2 pairs of girly longies..and 3 girly covers....cause I am convinced it's going to be another girl..ok...so then why did I turn around and buy a nb wool boy set too?? Because I really , really want ds to have a brother...and I really, really want to do girly cd's cause I haven't done that yet. I need a set of boy/girl twins. Yep! Thats what I need! Lol!
I bought a ton of newborn wool that is gender neutral but more boy then girl and now it's another GIRL! I guess I will just have to get some bows that match the wool!

QOTW: Besides your family/pets, what are 3 items you'd save from your home in the event you had to evacuate?
I would grab the family safe that houses all our important docs, my computer and the box of baby things from my girls that has picture books and tiny newborn things including our handmade baptism dresses.

Over here I am doing pretty good physically but really short on patience. I have never been that patient of a person but now I am kinda feisty I find myself getting frustrated with the public and their dozens of twin comments. I hate the fact that people are STILL teasing me that this pregnancy might be twins. ( my last loss was a second set of twins so I am pretty sensitive about the subject. ) Oh and I really hate the comments I am getting about a third girl. My in-laws were rude about it, my hubby is the last boy in the line so they are mad that we have not had a boy yet to "pass on the name". I, in so many words, told them to bite me! Okay mama vent over!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post

Over here I am doing pretty good physically but really short on patience. I have never been that patient of a person but now I am kinda feisty I find myself getting frustrated with the public and their dozens of twin comments. I hate the fact that people are STILL teasing me that this pregnancy might be twins. ( my last loss was a second set of twins so I am pretty sensitive about the subject. ) Oh and I really hate the comments I am getting about a third girl. My in-laws were rude about it, my hubby is the last boy in the line so they are mad that we have not had a boy yet to "pass on the name". I, in so many words, told them to bite me! Okay mama vent over!
I hear you on this one. Some days I just can't stand people-right now it's my family mostly driving me nuts-my parents showed up for a surprise visit arriving on Friday evening at my sisters.

Finally yesterday I asked what they were doing because up until this point they still had not shared any of their plans with me. They said they were coming over for dinner and would stay at our house for a couple of days-but that was a maybe because my dad wanted to build cupboards for my sister and he still wanted to go duck hunting that day(this is all under the impression they are leaving Thursday again because they had told me NOTHING of there travel plans). I said okay just call me in the afternoon and let me know.

3pm rolls around and nothing so I call-they tell me they are not coming for dinner and my dad acts very agitated probably because his poor time management-he is just getting started on the cupboards at 3pm and he still wants to go duck hunting. Then I said okay if you think it's going to be really late just stay the night again at my sisters. My dad-who yells and talks over you more than listen's say they will make it when they make it and they are on hoilidays-kind of like we don't have to answer to you!

I find this very irritating because when I go to my parents if I do not give a complete play by play and still basically ask for premission to go places my mother gets very anger because I need to be spending time with family and I need to be considerate.

8pm rolls around and they still are not here-I call and they say. "we aren't coming, you told us not to come if it was going to be later on!."....OKAY fine-but you think they could pick up the phone and again let me know what the plans where????????

I'm so angry by this point for the lack of consideration I am fuming and frankly don't want them to come and stay and tell them that. They demand constantly I treat and respect them a certain way and yet they do not have to show even 1 once of consideration coming back this way.

Sorry about the long rant, I just was very frustrated last night and hurt.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by Maeve Baby; 10-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Appointment tomorrow. Hopefully this time we can get some good heart tones. Last time the midwife was getting a glimps of a heart tone and then the baby would move and she would loose it.
QOTW: My computer, my Geneology giant notebook, not sure on a third.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

QOTW: I would get our firebox of important documents, I'd get my hard drive because I think I would cry buckets of tears if I didn't have all of my pictures, and I would get, hmm, I can't think of a third.

Things are going good here. I'm potty training my 2 year old which is going great. I just wish my hubby was here to help out, he doesn't get back to Friday and I am FRIED.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

answer: external hard drive, fire box and some type of wifi capable device so i can communicate with family/friends.

not much going on here. kicks and punches are getting stronger and stronger! this little lady seems to have a wake/sleep schedule already. she is pretty calm though and seems to sleep most of the day, lol. that's fine with me. i'm hoping she is like her daddy because our son is just like me and he was super busy in the belly.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #10
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone! Can I join in?

I know several of you from the PAL thread, so you guys will all know why I'm such a late joiner. But for everyone else, it looks like we are finally going to get our Rainbow baby after 3 losses, and I've had bleeding throughout this whole pregnancy, so it's been very stressful and we weren't sure we'd even make it this far. Yesterday was our big ultrasound and our baby girl was doing great in there! So fingers crossed for a very uneventful second half for us! I'll go post in the sticky a join "officially." YAY!

QOTW: Computer, fire box with important docs, and photos (I'm assuming purse and phone don't count since those are no-brainers along with the kiddo, hubbs, and furbabies)