Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
grateful mama13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Ergo vs. Boba

So, i just recently won a 50% off coupon for a carrier. It's down to an ergo or boba. What is the main difference between these? Comfort is really my main concern.. My LO is 21 lb or more. So, a good amount of weight to be carrying around. Opinons?
grateful mama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
F1Julie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ergo vs. Boba

I'd go with the Boba as it is taller. At least with back carries, babies always look like they are riding low in Ergos and have more opportunity to lean.
F1Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would not recommend the Boba if you are petite. I had one and couldn't get it tight enough for a comfy fit. If you are average or better I think it is great. DH loved it and was sad to see it go.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
lissydoll99
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
I would not recommend the Boba if you are petite. I had one and couldn't get it tight enough for a comfy fit. If you are average or better I think it is great. DH loved it and was sad to see it go.
The Boba has proven to be a better fit for petite women in every person I know that has tried both. Personally, I am 5'2" and 130 # the Ergo has a very large hip strap and it puts A TON of pressure on my hips to the point of me not being able to walk. I work in a CD store where we sell carriers as well, and have many petite women in the store with their Ergos explaining the same hip/ pelvis pain. I own the Boba and Boba air. and love them both!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissydoll99 View Post
The Boba has proven to be a better fit for petite women in every person I know that has tried both. Personally, I am 5'2" and 130 # the Ergo has a very large hip strap and it puts A TON of pressure on my hips to the point of me not being able to walk. I work in a CD store where we sell carriers as well, and have many petite women in the store with their Ergos explaining the same hip/ pelvis pain. I own the Boba and Boba air. and love them both!
I am 5'3" and 110 pounds, I was giving my personal experience. I could never get a comfortable fit. I ended up with a petite kinderpack and that has been my saving grace. I have a very long thin torso and the waist never felt right. IDK if it makes a difference, but I had the Boba 3G. I also read lots of reviews about it being great for petite women, just didn't work for me.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
grateful mama13
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm think I would be considered average? lol I'm 5'3 135lb.. maybe a little short. I'm really leaning more towards the boba because it seems you can use it longer and be more comfortable..
grateful mama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am the same height and around 110, but I couldn't shorten the shoulder straps enough to fit right or the waist. Have you checked out the baby wearer? There are tons of pictures of momma's wearing different carriers. It really helped me get a better idea of what would fit me best.

http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/index.php
Old 10-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I own both and would recommend the Boba, hands-down. As a PP pointed out, kids can lean out of the Ergo (they won't fall out but it's really uncomfortable. My hDS is 16 months old, 29" long and 22 lbs. the leaning made m seek a be carrier and I got the Boba 3G. I adore it!! I is much nicer and more comfortable than the Ergo IMO. In fact, I never realized how much better it could be from Ergo but Ergo just isn't fit my petite frame at all (the straps were instantly eliding off, for one). I am 5'2" and 120 lbs for reference. I also looked at the Beco Butterfly II as it is supposed to be great for petite mamas. I actually just stumbled into a used Butterfly this week but haven't tried it yet. It may be another one to consider, though.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
captliz
Registered Users

Anyone have any experience with the Boba 3g?
captliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
captliz
Registered Users

Also, any good carrier trial programs that anyone knows of? Looking to try an ergo and boba 3g.
captliz is offline   Reply With Quote