Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nipple trush help please!!!

My lo is 10 weeks and we have been battling thrush for weeks and I'm so frustrated and in pain. I'm on my third dose of dyflucan, taking probiotics, using panoramic and now gentian violet. Baby has nystatin for her bum and oral nystatin for her mouth plus now the gentian violet. I stopped using the oral nystatin though when we stared using the gentian violet. I have washed everything in scalding not water and boiled all pump parts. I love breast feeding my daughter and don't want to use formula but this yeast has to go.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nipple trush help please!!!

Grapefruit Seed Extract. Cleared mine up in days. I did not believe I had thrush until it went away and things felt sooooo much better. You can add it to laundry as well to get the yeast out of your bras, etc.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me
Grapefruit Seed Extract. Cleared mine up in days. I did not believe I had thrush until it went away and things felt sooooo much better. You can add it to laundry as well to get the yeast out of your bras, etc.
How much should I put in the laundry? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me
One doctor I went to also recommended twice a day probiotics with a wash called Thoroughly Clean with tea tree oil and awapuhi. But I never had time to get it and used 20 drops of GSE in 2 ounces water and used it a few times a day and that was that.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks. I found a local store that carries GSE so I'm picking it up today. I really hope this helps. I just can't believe the gentian violet hasn't cleared it up after four days so far and a very purple baby. I does feels little better but my nipples are still pink and shiny when the pure rubs off during the day.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

i had mild thrush around that time and my pedi said to mix one cup water with two drops dawn and one tablespoon baking soda and swab everything that came in contact with lo and my nipples. it did the trick. also i cant use sposie breast pads otherwise i ITCH! cloth ones wick everywhere so i have resorted to discreetly pressing with a finger firmly for a few seconds to stop the let down. now the girls can breath and be happy.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Candex is the ONLY thing that cured mine after MONTHS on diflucan. That and rinsing the boobs with GSE and vinegar.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Candex is the ONLY thing that cured mine after MONTHS on diflucan. That and rinsing the boobs with GSE and vinegar.
Unfortunately, I tried the Candex and it didn't work for me. I was so hopeful since I know others it has worked for too. But, I'm still, with the next baby, dealing with the yeast.

I've been dealing with yeast off and on (mostly on) since my first was born 7 years and 6 kids ago. and

Here is a link to some awesome info on fighting yeast (candida): http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/conte...agename=doc-CP

Oh, and the genetian violet didn't work for me when I tried it a while back. I've been on Diflucan for a month now and it's not clearing it up either. I just got the GSE. I'm also on it orally and using miconozol (Monstat) on my nips topically. (that has helped the most) I'm hoping for success by adding the topical GSE rinse.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 11-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes
What is candex?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #10
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Ask your doctor about Dr. Newmans nipple cream ointment. It's a compounded med but works wonders!!!
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote