Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
MuntryMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wrap suggestions for plus-size?

I'm looking for wrap suggestions that are favorable to a plus-size momma. We just started fostering a newborn and I'm definitely going to need a wrap, however I don't know where to start! I think I'd prefer a wrap, versus what I've seen at say Walmart or something, but there are so many options out there.

Any suggestions on where to start? I can sew, so would be willing to make my own ... I just need a starting point!

Thank you!
MuntryMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Nachomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Moby and Boba Wrap fit every plus sized mama who I've helped (i lead a babywearing group). You could also make your own stretchy. If you went with a woven, you'd probably want a size 7, 5.2 m. I dont recommend making those, but you can find good deals used. I think wearing would be especially helpful in a foster situation. I helped a family fostering an infant who had been hospitalized for abuse. I think it really helps bonding in those situations.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am a fluffy mama and a size 6 works plenty well for me

Also if you are looking for something easy the BECO butterfly 2 is a great option.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
JillaGorilla
Registered Users

Re: Wrap suggestions for plus-size?

A moby style is great for the newborn stage, but I found my baby outgrew it by 3 months (she was a strong lil turkey!) so a woven a great way to go, that way you have the option to back carry with it also (which is not an option with a moby)

Your other option is a SSC like a kinderpack (they fit up to a size 22 without an extender for the belt) or an ergo or becco.

Side note: what an awesome thing to do! I hope you and baby have a wonderful time with wearing! It is such a great way to bond and help that little one feel secure and loved!
JillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
JillaGorilla
Registered Users

P.s. I wear a size 18 ish, and I have both a 6 and a 7. The 6 works great
JillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #6
mistylynn313
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The moby wrap worked really well for me with DD. I was around a size 20. I also used a bali breeze wrap, although I forget what size. I like the moby the best of the two, mostly because I liked the stretchier fabric.