Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If anyone is in need of a bigger diapers... read - Added Pic!

Swaddlebees Capri! I ordered some for my son, and the size two gets really, really big, bigger than Flips for sure. I know there have been a few threads on here lately about mama's needing bigger diapers, and I think this is a great option. Also, the H&L looks fantastic! I think I found my latest AI2 love!

Edited to add a pic. It's really only about 3/4 inch or maybe an inch longer than a flip, but it just seems like the capri has more coverage in the bum area, oh and double gussets. The Capri is a size 2 in the picture below.

Last edited by Kabuki24; 11-16-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
O'sMommy:)
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs down Re: If anyone is in need of a bigger diapers... read

I had some but they leaked every single time I put them on my baby. I loved them bc they were so cute but like I said, EVERY time I put them on him, they leaked like there was no tomorrow. The only thing that I've found that for sure works for us is Flip covers with Flip stay dry or Econobum prefolds (which are my current favorite as they don't smell like stay dry) and BG 4.0's which I refuse to use bc I hate stuffing pockets. Everything else I've tried leaks.

Last edited by O'sMommy:); 11-13-2012 at 07:27 AM.
O'sMommy:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If anyone is in need of a bigger diapers... read

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:) View Post
I had some but they leaked every single time I put them on my baby. I loved them bc they were so cute but like I said, EVERY time I put them on him, they leaked like there was no tomorrow. The only thing that I've found that for sure works for us is Flip covers with Flip stay dry or Econobum prefolds (which are my current favorite as they don't smell like stay dry) and BG 4.0's which I refuse to use bc I hate stuffing pockets. Everything else I've tried leaks.
Oh totaly bummer! Where were they leaking? Was it a fit issue or was it the Capri insert?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
O'sMommy:)
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Oh totaly bummer! Where were they leaking? Was it a fit issue or was it the Capri insert?
It wasn't the Capri insert bc I was using Flip inserts. I'm not sure what the issue was. They were leaking out the legs for us which I found completely odd bc my son has major thunder thighs. But maybe I needed size 1 still. I'm not sure. I'm having the same issue with Thirsties AIO size 2's leaking around the legs. He's 5 months and probably weighs 16-17 lbs so I thought the size 2's in both would be appropriate. Any advise? I already got rid of the Capri covers but should I hold on to the Thirsties for a little longer to see if they work when he's a little bigger?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:)

It wasn't the Capri insert bc I was using Flip inserts. I'm not sure what the issue was. They were leaking out the legs for us which I found completely odd bc my son has major thunder thighs. But maybe I needed size 1 still. I'm not sure. I'm having the same issue with Thirsties AIO size 2's leaking around the legs. He's 5 months and probably weighs 16-17 lbs so I thought the size 2's in both would be appropriate. Any advise? I already got rid of the Capri covers but should I hold on to the Thirsties for a little longer to see if they work when he's a little bigger?
I can't fathom the Size 2s fitting a 5 month old well. They were big on my DS when I bought them and he was 10 months old, have seen 2 year olds on here wearing size 1s. I know each kid is different re: size but I suspect they were just too big. Also, there was a huge gap for my DS re:Thirsties so I would hang onto them and see if they fit in another few weeks.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
seacat
Registered Users
seller

These give my two year old a hot bum bum. His words not mine. I can't figure it out I think the PUL is just a little bit thicker and holds in heat vs. flips. The binding also irritates his legs. I was totally excited about the cover because the aplix is good and it's large and feels nicer that flips.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
These give my two year old a hot bum bum. His words not mine. I can't figure it out I think the PUL is just a little bit thicker and holds in heat vs. flips. The binding also irritates his legs. I was totally excited about the cover because the aplix is good and it's large and feels nicer that flips.
Oh... you ladies are making me so sad.. I want to love these so much.

Anyone have Capri love?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
MN Mama to 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Anyone have Capri love?
I bought one last week to try and I LOVE it. It's everything I like about flip covers, but better. The flaps hold a trifolded prefold perfectly, the larger fit will last us longer, double gussets on the legs and of course, the adorable prints. I'm going to hold out for BF sales and pick up some more.
MN Mama to 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Anyone have Capri love?
I definitely have Capri love! Thy are my favorite covers by far. They are well-made (like all Swaddlebees products), adorable and fit my skinny DS like a dream!
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I love the prints!
We use Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0s, and I found that the Simplex Onesize fit alot like the Capri size 2.