Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Dear DH... pick less expensive things to bribe with!

LOL

When our son PT'd, he was 2.5 and DH used Thomas the Trains to get him to poop on the potty. OUCH.

Our daughter PT'd at 18 months without needing any bribes at all!

Until we moved cross-country. I should have known the regression was coming, it should have been obvious. PT'ing less than 2 months before a huge move? BIG sign. But noooo, I thought it would be ok. After all, she managed to go the ENTIRE road trip (6 days!) without any accidents in the car!

When we arrived, however, totally different story. It took about a month or so to get her back on the peeing train, but she's got it. And then DH started the bribing. "Baby, if you poop on the potty I'll buy you a Lalaloopsy doll!"

Guess who came to me yelling "I gotta poop!" and made it to the bathroom? You guessed it.

So now we get to spend what, $25+ on a doll? This is worse than the Thomas Trains, we were able to scam our son into cheaper ones!

I guess I should be glad it WORKED. We definitely won't be buying MORE dolls for every poop, but GAH! 1-2 is expensive enough!
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dear DH... pick less expensive things to bribe with!

Maybe she would be happy with the little or mini?

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

WOW. We use mini m&ms....and lollipops if we have to up the ante for poop. Maybe you can talk her in to a sticker chart so that if she poops 20 times or something she gets the doll?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
cookiebonster
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Get the mini doll for $5 each at Dollar General?
cookiebonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Daffodil Dolls
Registered Users
Formerly: GiftsfromGod
seller

My Mood:

Yep the most our kids have gotten was jelly beans One for pee and two for poops. But honestly I'd pay someone more than $25+ dollars if they could get my kid to start consistently pooping on the toilet so I'd consider it a good investment
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

I used small toys as positive reinforcement for pooping on the potty, dollar store stuff mostly (dora, diego, whatever they were into at the time). With DD1, once the little things were gone we got her a bike (which was needed anyways!) and told her that was her final "prize" for PT.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After my son was going #1 regularly for 6 months he still was hiding to #2 in his underwear 80% of the time... he was over 4... After DH had to clean him up one day when I was out with friends, he went and bought a remote controlled truck ($40), showed the boy how it worked and put it up in the bathroom saying, "You can only have this as long as you are going poo in the potty, if you choose your pants you can't play with it until you poo in the potty again" And it worked! We only had to put it away 2 times before he chose to use the potty all the time-

So maybe that would work with the doll- "It is your's as long as you go potty in the potty, but if you have an "oops" it goes away until you use the potty properly"
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Well she changed her mind at the store and opted for a $15 Rapunzel doll, and she had an accident yesterday, but only one in what, 2 days? It's an improvement, so I'm callin it a win. Lol!

We tried bribing with candy, but I hated the effects on her. Too hyper, and really, 20+ pieces of candy a day is unhealthy lol.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
Well she changed her mind at the store and opted for a $15 Rapunzel doll, and she had an accident yesterday, but only one in what, 2 days? It's an improvement, so I'm callin it a win. Lol!

We tried bribing with candy, but I hated the effects on her. Too hyper, and really, 20+ pieces of candy a day is unhealthy lol.
Your dd pees 20 + times a day? Mine only got a treat for actually going and if they tried to squeeze out a tiny bit just to get a treat that did not count.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdawn25 View Post
Your dd pees 20 + times a day? Mine only got a treat for actually going and if they tried to squeeze out a tiny bit just to get a treat that did not count.
She has a urinary problem, so her bladder doesn't fully empty for 2-3 tries. So yeah, she's goes to the bathroom about 20x. She frequently pees just A little bit, due to her issues.