Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
MrsRogers215
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What to use overnight?

I've made the switch to cloth during the day but haven't tried nighttime yet. We use fuzzibunz and BG. I definitely can't see them holding all his pee overnight. Usually, I change his disposable once a night.

Any suggestions for what to use at night?
MrsRogers215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used a good fitted with wool or a bg stuffed with two flip organics and wool overtop for my super heavy wetting son. My daughter is allergic to wool though and not so heavy of a wetter so I have been using a OS amp pocket stuffed with an infant ODC bamboo terry square and a booster or a thirsties hemp or flip organic prefold with a booster and no leaks so far.
I would look into getting some hemp or bamboo for overnight and try you pockets stuffed with that.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to use overnight?

I would try stuffing one of your BGs with a Flip Organic or with the MF and a hemp or bamboo insert. If you're still worried about leaks you could add a wool or fleece soaker over the top. I personally use fitteds with the fleece soakers that I make. I had a wool soaker but DD outgrew it and I can't afford more wool, so I've made several fleece soakers/longies and we haven't had leaks at all.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09
I would try stuffing one of your BGs with a Flip Organic or with the MF and a hemp or bamboo insert. If you're still worried about leaks you could add a wool or fleece soaker over the top. I personally use fitteds with the fleece soakers that I make. I had a wool soaker but DD outgrew it and I can't afford more wool, so I've made several fleece soakers/longies and we haven't had leaks at all.
This is what we do. We have 4.0's for night and we stuff them with a flips organic prefold and a hemp doubler in the middle. Holds my 16lb 4.5 month old dd 12-14 hrs!!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
fluffybuttzoe
Registered Users

I use pockets during the day and initially tried them at night but didn't work for us. I tried double and triple stuffing but she always leaked. I switched to a GMD workhorse fitted with a Flip cover and have never had a leak. I also have a Sandy bamboo fitted and use it with no problems too.
fluffybuttzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybuttzoe
I use pockets during the day and initially tried them at night but didn't work for us. I tried double and triple stuffing but she always leaked. I switched to a GMD workhorse fitted with a Flip cover and have never had a leak. I also have a Sandy bamboo fitted and use it with no problems too.
I am amazed that a workhorse lasted overnight!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy

I am amazed that a workhorse lasted overnight!
Same! My DS is a heavy wetter and we use Sbish OBFs, with all doublers it comes with. We use WHs during the day and there is no way it's work for my heavy wetter at night.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Flips have been pretty bullet proof for us... We do a hemp doubler under a flip stay dry and it seems to do the trick. It has even lasted until morning on the random nights she wakes up and nurses in the middle of the night.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

we do a red edge GMD trifolded in a green GMD (prefolds) and depending on how I feel, I add a hemp doubler (or 2) on the outside and pull on a disana and cover with disana leggings for cold weather. (we wear brown edge or WH during the day, sometimes with a gmd prefold doubler)

dude embraces a fluffy butt
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
MrsRogers215
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the suggestions. My LO nurses about 3x a night so he gets very wet. I'm gonna look into what y'all said.
MrsRogers215 is offline   Reply With Quote