Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Ok so because I'm sure my due date group is sick of hearing me complain I'm going to post here. Ive been feeling pretty crappy since Thursday. That night after being out with the family we got home and I had a low fever body aches chills and woke up covered in sweat. Ive been feeling about the same since then a little better if I take Tylenol no fever since friday. This morning I woke up and have a painful swollen lymph node behind both of my ears and a few on the back of my neck up to the base of my head. No sore throat coughing anything like that. I go see my dr tuesday but anyone have any ideas what this could be or some way to safely treat it while I'm pregnant. I'm just really tired of feeling like crap.

Eta: I'm 36 weeks in case you can't see my siggy.
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar's Avatar
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,222
Re: help me figure out these symptoms please

Flu?

If so, chicken soup, and gatorade. Sleep, lots of sleep.
__________________
Andrea
Mama to B and E, Wife to E
Parenting with Hugs and Terror since 2011
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
vicky's Avatar
vicky
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 189
My Mood:
Re: help me figure out these symptoms please

I just got over a bout with staph. Mine sounded a lot like that. I felt like junk too, and had a swollen lymph node under my right arm, then under my chin, then I got like 8 in my groin area. It got EXTREMELY painful. I had to have 4 rocephin shots and have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Mine got pretty out of control though. Have you ever had staph before? If so, apparently you can just carry it.
__________________
Vicky SAHM to Sullivan & Sophie
vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky
I just got over a bout with staph. Mine sounded a lot like that. I felt like junk too, and had a swollen lymph node under my right arm, then under my chin, then I got like 8 in my groin area. It got EXTREMELY painful. I had to have 4 rocephin shots and have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Mine got pretty out of control though. Have you ever had staph before? If so, apparently you can just carry it.
Not that I know of. I know my dh is a carrier but ive never had it before.
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
Flu?

If so, chicken soup, and gatorade. Sleep, lots of sleep.
That's what ive been trying to do just rest as much as possible and lots of fluids.
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
evasimone's Avatar
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,010
Re: help me figure out these symptoms please

I am not sure. It definitely sounds like your body is fighting something off. Maybe mono?

It kind of doesn't sound like the flu to me. I've had it one time and I thought I was dying, your whole body hurts in an indescribable way. I've heard other people describe having the flu as feeling like they were dying too so I don't think I am being melodramatic (much). Not to mention you usually have upper respiratory symptoms with the flu.

I hope you feel better soon!
__________________
E, wife to my rock, S 2009
Mama to DD 1/13
evasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone
I am not sure. It definitely sounds like your body is fighting something off. Maybe mono?

It kind of doesn't sound like the flu to me. I've had it one time and I thought I was dying, your whole body hurts in an indescribable way. I've heard other people describe having the flu as feeling like they were dying too so I don't think I am being melodramatic (much). Not to mention you usually have upper respiratory symptoms with the flu.

I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks I was reading and it seemed like it could be mono but I have no idea where I could have picked it up.
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Well dr said most likely the flu to just get plenty of rest and lots of fluids. I hope this is gone before the little one decides to arrive
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
evasimone's Avatar
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,010
Re: help me figure out these symptoms please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
Well dr said most likely the flu to just get plenty of rest and lots of fluids. I hope this is gone before the little one decides to arrive
I was just wondering about you, thanks for the update. Definitely get lots of rest! Hope you feel better soon.
__________________
E, wife to my rock, S 2009
Mama to DD 1/13
evasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone

I was just wondering about you, thanks for the update. Definitely get lots of rest! Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you that's so sweet
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.