Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Ellasundies
Registered Users

NIP completely exposed???

I've been debating posting this thread but am curious to see what others think on this.

I will start off by saying that I'm am a big believer in NIP with or without a cover in church, in the mall, at dinner, out to eat etc... I was the first to BF in my family and have paved the way for the younger women in my family to feel comfortable BF'ing in our family environment.

That said. My sister (who also NIP) works for a national family friendly restaurant chain. A few nights ago they had a women come in with her DH and kids. The women requested a table that is smack dab in the middle of the restaurant and can be seen easily from nearly all the other tables. She had a small baby with her and decided to nurse the baby. This is where it gets a little bizarre. The women lifted her shirt up over both breasts (as though she was trying to flash someone) both of her naked breasts and stomach were entirely exposed to nearly the entire restaurant. The only thing covering part of one breast was her baby's head. She watched several tables get up mid meal, not pay and walk out. Once the manager realized what was going on he politely asked the women if she could cover up a little. Rather then just pull her shirt down she walked out with a huff and nursed outside in her van.

I just don't get this . I've seen something very similar happen once before as well. Why do this?? In my state NIP is protected and I realize the manager was treading on thing ice but I just don't understand why it is necessary to not try to be at least a little discreet. Frankly I think this women just made the right to NIP all that much harder for everyone else.

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: NIP completely exposed???

I once attended one of my son's soccar practices when he was 8. THere was a woman with a 9-12 month old baby. I was seated next to her on the sideline of the field. She lifted her shirt up baring both breasts, and started feeding in front of literally 90-100 men and boys. She was talking to me and I was even embarrassed and I was a stripper at one time!

I get breastfeeding is natural and best for baby and can be done anywhere that food is allowed, but then there are extremists who are all about shock value who ruin it for us who are not doing anything like that. I where a nursing tank, try to be descrete, do not use a cover, and hold my hand close incase of nipple exposure. I just nursed in front of a classroom of children, parents, and small children for a Thanksgiving feast. Everyone was finea dn one of the poor male teachers got an eye full when his child came up and delatched my nursling. He simply looked away fast while I laughed. People were more freaked out by the mom with the lowriders and butt hanging out than me nursing a couple times at dinner. But I also was not showing all my business to the world either.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I once attended one of my son's soccar practices when he was 8. THere was a woman with a 9-12 month old baby. I was seated next to her on the sideline of the field. She lifted her shirt up baring both breasts, and started feeding in front of literally 90-100 men and boys. She was talking to me and I was even embarrassed and I was a stripper at one time!

I get breastfeeding is natural and best for baby and can be done anywhere that food is allowed, but then there are extremists who are all about shock value who ruin it for us who are not doing anything like that. I where a nursing tank, try to be descrete, do not use a cover, and hold my hand close incase of nipple exposure. I just nursed in front of a classroom of children, parents, and small children for a Thanksgiving feast. Everyone was finea dn one of the poor male teachers got an eye full when his child came up and delatched my nursling. He simply looked away fast while I laughed. People were more freaked out by the mom with the lowriders and butt hanging out than me nursing a couple times at dinner. But I also was not showing all my business to the world either.
agree.

I don't see the point in baring more than you need to, to feed your kid. Yes, you SHOULD NIP and there is NOTHING wrong with NIP --- IF you are doing it for its true purpose --- which is to feed your kid. Showing more than you need to is detrimental to the NIP cause, and only adds to the idea that nursing is weird and gross and sexual, b/c people who sit in the MIDDLE of a full restaurant and pull up their ENTIRE shirt to nurse ONE baby on ONE boob are showing off their breasts. It's gross.

NURSING is not gross. BREASTS are not gross. But doing a strip tease in a Denny's to prove that women have the right to nurse anywhere, IS gross.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah i know people like that. i dont get it but it doesnt really bother 'me'. i just look away. i used a nursing cover with my oldest, nothing with #3 and 4 just a nursing tank and a shirt on top.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
She lifted her shirt up baring both breasts, and started feeding in front of literally 90-100 men and boys. She was talking to me and I was even embarrassed and I was a stripper at one time!
Wow. Deleted my comment. But, that's a nasty comparison.

Eh, maybe my perception is skewed. I'm German and boob are boobs. If men (can) have them, and go topless, who cares?

Last edited by Kätzchen; 12-04-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

Eh, maybe my perception is skewed. I'm German and boob are boobs. If men (can) have them, and go topless, who cares?
I am from the EU, it's just a different culture in the USA and every area is different. Some german (and british) TV shows would be p*rn here. It's a cultural difference.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:

What was a nasty comparison? The woman nursing at the practice or that I used to be a stripper? What I meant was I have no issues with boobs as I used to see them and expose them all the time. They were simply boobs, but I was embarassed at this woman for basically exposing herself in front of all those people. I was not comparing her or the other woman as a stripper. Then again I do not think strippers are nasty.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

What was a nasty comparison? The woman nursing at the practice or that I used to be a stripper? What I meant was I have no issues with boobs as I used to see them and expose them all the time. They were simply boobs, but I was embarassed at this woman for basically exposing herself in front of all those people. I was not comparing her or the other woman as a stripper. Then again I do not think strippers are nasty.
I think it's terrible that you would even hint that the way breasts are exposed stripping is even remotely similar to the way a breast might be exposed while nursing. Breastfeeding a baby is not sexual. Men and boys should probably know and see what breasts are used for and NOT be embarrassed. Breastfeeding is a normal and very healthy act.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
I think it's terrible that you would even hint that the way breasts are exposed stripping is even remotely similar to the way a breast might be exposed while nursing. Breastfeeding a baby is not sexual. Men and boys should probably know and see what breasts are used for and NOT be embarrassed. Breastfeeding is a normal and very healthy act.
When you are exposing yourself in any way it is that, exposing. But I also have no issues with stripping and do not find it bad. It has a place. I find the type of breast exposure that woman did not to be similar. Although, you do not need to lift your shirt nearly off exposing both breasts to feed one baby. I do not think it is necessary or proper. If everyone must be wearing shirts in a particular place then whipping out both breasts is just not appropriate. IMO.

I also was not comparing the 2. I was merely stating I used to be a stripper to say I have no hang ups about boobs. It was not a comparison, sorry if you took it that way.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Why did both boobies need to be exposed to feed one baby?
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote