Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
IzzysMomma90
Registered Users
seller

One side over supply

I'm currently block feeding trying the correct the crazy over supply on my right side but won't feeding more on my left cause the same problem on that side? My DD is a "snacker" so it seems like she's ALWAYS on. I don't want to cause oversupply and go through this pain again. Should I be doing something different?
IzzysMomma90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: One side over supply

IDK if it is exactly the same but my right side produces way more than my left. I tried nursing more on the left, like two sessions on the left, then one on the right. It did't matter. The right still produces more than the left. I had this with both the boys too.

When I pump at work I get at least twice as much from the right than the left. From what I have been told and researched it is very common to have one side produce more than the other.

DD was and still is to some extent a snakker or comfort nurser. Once my body regulated it was fine.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Mack
Registered Users
seller

I was having this problem due to mastitis on my right side. I solved that by having him eat on the right side before I would give him the left side. I would let him sit there until he got frustrated. But everything seems to be okay now.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
IzzysMomma90
Registered Users
seller

Re: One side over supply

I could handle over producing on the right if it wasn't so ridiculous. She basically can't handle eating on the right at all. It's so forceful she chokes and gets frustrated.
IzzysMomma90 is offline   Reply With Quote