Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

SI joint dysfunction

I found out recently I have SI joint dysfunction. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm 13 weeks pregnant and in HORRIBLE pain constantly. My PT exercises are helping but are excruciating as well. I need some support/ideas because I am getting very little sleep and I'm getting so I can't function. This could be a LONG pregnancy.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Re: SI joint dysfunction

have you tried chiropractic? It helped my SI joint issues during pregnancy, although I was never formally diagnosed with SI joint dysfunction. It wouldn't hurt to consult one, though.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateroc View Post
have you tried chiropractic? It helped my SI joint issues during pregnancy, although I was never formally diagnosed with SI joint dysfunction. It wouldn't hurt to consult one, though.
agree on the chiro!

Also never officially diagnosed, but joint problems in the pelvis run in my family history with all of the women, so I assume I have something wrong with the joints in my pelvis. One of my pregnancies had me practically immobile. I very literally could not make it to the bathroom without DH's help. Just moving hurt so badly.

The chiro worked WONDERS. I wish I'd gone sooner.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29
I found out recently I have SI joint dysfunction. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm 13 weeks pregnant and in HORRIBLE pain constantly. My PT exercises are helping but are excruciating as well. I need some support/ideas because I am getting very little sleep and I'm getting so I can't function. This could be a LONG pregnancy.
Oh mama! My SI joint is a mess too! I have found waking to help. Seriously hurts really bad for the beginning but if I slow down & get to a dirt trail (off concrete) it feels much better. I has really had to push myself to do it though. Going to physical therapy tomorrow. Subbing to this to add back anything they offer that might help us both!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Oh mama! My SI joint is a mess too! I have found waking to help. Seriously hurts really bad for the beginning but if I slow down & get to a dirt trail (off concrete) it feels much better. I has really had to push myself to do it though.
I find walking helps mine too, but like crunchyNurseMommy said, only if I go slow and walk on a dirt trial or grass. After the birth of my DD I could hardly walk but forced myself to. I was sure pitiful looking. My mother has always had problems with her SI joint so it was no surprise when I started having problems too. Her's eventually advanced to the point of needing regular pain meds. I hope to avoid that.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

This is the same problem my sister has, which started at the beginning of her pregnancy. She's 30 weeks and still has it. She has tried chiros, etc, and nothing has helped. I just hope it goes back to normal after the birth!!

Sorry you're in such pain.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote