Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Back pain?

So I am 25 weeks pregnant and every time I walk and step onto my left foot, I get this sharp pain up into my lower back/tailbone area. I'm not sure why, it started happening a few days ago but it's really bothering me. Is it sciatic pain? I never had this issue with DD's pregnancy so I'm hoping it's normal?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Go to a chiropractor. At various points in this pregnancy I have been unable to walk. I started seeing my Chiro weekly and it's made an enormous different. Huge.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Back pain?

It sounds like sciatica. It's pretty bad that you are getting it all the way in your foot. Mine mostly goes from my hip/butt to my knee.

I second a chiropractor, I'd recommend finding one that does gentle adjustments and is certified in the Webster technique.

My sciatica is from a fractured vertebrae that healed out of alignment; chiropractic adjustments do make me feel better but I was once worked on by a chiropractor that twisted and cracked (he misdiagnosed my fracture as scoliosis... rookie. ) and that was very painful and scary and did quite a bit of damage to my already messed up spine. So just in case you actually have something more than a pregnancy ache and pain I would recommend a chiropractor that was gentle...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had low back pain at my SI joint (about where your "dimples" would be on lower back and also pain across my left butt cheek into my hip. I went to a physical therapist.

He did gentle manipulations, gave me strengthening exercises and told me to use ice not heat.

That helped the SI pain but not the butt thing. I got a medula maternity belt and after a week that went away too. I had been in so much pain I couldn't walk.

It's caused by relaxin loosening all the joints in your pelvis. Something starts pressing on a nerve and bingo PAIN. But don't just accept it, find a PT or chiro to help you out.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote