Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you get migraines while pregnant?

So, do you get migraines while you are pregnant? If so, how do you treat them?

This is my 5th pregnancy (early on) and my migraines get significantly worse while I'm pregnant - I generally have a few a week and sometimes I get one that lasts a week or more...I use Tylonel 3 mostly to treat them, but I can only use it at bedtime b/c it makes me fall asleep...
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Caffeine and sleep are what worked for me. Chiropractor helped some too.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you get migraines while pregnant?

Regular old Tylenol and caffeine...be it a cup o' java or a coke. I'm battling them a lot right now, too, since I'm not sleeping well (hip pain, etc)
Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

YES!!! 1st trimester usually. I try yoga, water, and if that fails coffee. If that fails--tylenol.

I think I chiropractor would work great also.

But the yoga breathing and stretching really helps!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

The only thing that helps mine during pregnancy is excedrin migraine. My OB has approved it both pregnancies to take since nothing else works on mine. I only get them when pregnant.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you take migraine meds? None of the above ever helped me. In fact, I just got out of the hospital yesterday thanks to my OB referring me to a neurologist instead of putting me back on my preventative. I use Propranolol for migraine prevention and Fiorcet for migraine relief. If you start to lose weight, have uncontrolled vomiting, etc. I would seriously consider prescription medication. My migraines knock me out, completely. They definitely are not something to be fooled around with.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
Do you take migraine meds? None of the above ever helped me. In fact, I just got out of the hospital yesterday thanks to my OB referring me to a neurologist instead of putting me back on my preventative. I use Propranolol for migraine prevention and Fiorcet for migraine relief. If you start to lose weight, have uncontrolled vomiting, etc. I would seriously consider prescription medication. My migraines knock me out, completely. They definitely are not something to be fooled around with.
I have wanted to but i have been either pregnant or nursing for most of the last 7 years...hoq did u get them to let you use the migrainesmeds while pregnant?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
I have wanted to but i have been either pregnant or nursing for most of the last 7 years...hoq did u get them to let you use the migrainesmeds while pregnant?
Have you you been diagnosed with migraines? If so, there is no reason you should NOT be on them. A Dr has to prescribe the medication (which is safe to use in moderation while pregnant). There is no reason they should deny you medication. I get so sick that I lose weight every pregnancy and end up in the hospital with dehydration and uncontrollable vomiting. My neurologist has had to make it clear that I am to be given certain medications ALWAYS as my migraines can and will get out of hand without them.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
Have you you been diagnosed with migraines? If so, there is no reason you should NOT be on them. A Dr has to prescribe the medication (which is safe to use in moderation while pregnant). There is no reason they should deny you medication. I get so sick that I lose weight every pregnancy and end up in the hospital with dehydration and uncontrollable vomiting. My neurologist has had to make it clear that I am to be given certain medications ALWAYS as my migraines can and will get out of hand without them.
Yes, I was diagnoses with migraines years ago...while in college...after all the scans and everything that rule everything else out. I have never been to a neurologist as they only started getting this bad with my pregnancies and to be honest no one ever suggested I see one until this pregnancy. I wouldn't say they have denied me meds as much as they have strongly recommended that I not take them b/c of their FDA ratings...I guess I'm just trying to figure out what my options are...it's hard dealing with migraines most every day...makes it hard to function KWIM?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had them really bad with my 4th child. I could barely function. I took tylenol on occasion, but at the time, I never thought about taking caffeine with it. This pregnancy is early right now, so I'll try that when my headaches get bad.