Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Super Nosey Family Members

anyone elses family care more about their family planning than they should? I have family members who make sure to slip in super rude or sly remarks about how "thank god were done having kids" or "thats the last thing yall need is another kid" or "better get dh fixed" or "when are you going to go on birth control"

so annoying
Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Super Nosey Family Members

My mother does. She is strongly against our having more kids. I just ignore her or better yet make a point of telling her often how I still want another child. She eventually got the point and now doesn't say anything.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I feel like I have to keep our future baby plans a secret or we will be criticized constantly by them...just crazy

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, but the other way around which I think can be just as annoying! My IL's have 10 children, so they are constantly asking us when we are having another baby, our newest could be 3 weeks old and they would still be asking when the next one is coming, or if I am pregnant yet.

I'm all for big families, but I feel like it's no one's business but ours how many we have or how close together they are. There is A LOT more to talk about than our reproductive habits, and sometimes I feel like that is the only conversation that comes up regularly.

I was very hurt when we were trying for another baby and not getting pregnant, and my FIL would make comments about how it was time for another baby already (DD was about 15 months old)
Old 12-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise
Yep, but the other way around which I think can be just as annoying! My IL's have 10 children, so they are constantly asking us when we are having another baby, our newest could be 3 weeks old and they would still be asking when the next one is coming, or if I am pregnant yet.

I'm all for big families, but I feel like it's no one's business but ours how many we have or how close together they are. There is A LOT more to talk about than our reproductive habits, and sometimes I feel like that is the only conversation that comes up regularly.

I was very hurt when we were trying for another baby and not getting pregnant, and my FIL would make comments about how it was time for another baby already (DD was about 15 months old)
My gosh that is annoying. And I agree with you totally!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

We don't even have that many kids (I'm currently very pregnant with our 3rd), and we still get comments all of the time from family members who think you apparently should only have 1 or maybe 2 kids. My favorite is when relatives ask "You know how that happens, right?" my DH has started replying "yes, fertility drugs are how this happens." We are secretive about needing fertility drugs, but we are overly forthcoming about it either, so it tends to shut people up. My DH is usually very mild tempered and hard to irritate, so the 1st time he said it to someone, I thought I was going to die laughing.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMbride
anyone elses family care more about their family planning than they should? I have family members who make sure to slip in super rude or sly remarks about how "thank god were done having kids" or "thats the last thing yall need is another kid" or "better get dh fixed" or "when are you going to go on birth control"

so annoying
Yep ! Currently expecting baby #3 in August and we don't plan on telling my in laws until I'm at least 12 weeks + I'm sure they'll have plenty to say as they did with my previous pregnancy . Oh and not to mention the fact that we are considering a home birth , that'll be icing on the cake for them .
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah... been there done that. Some of our family are nosey and the rest are super-nosey! LOL! All that matters is what God thinks of you! ((HUGS))
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, BTDT, but if you keep having babies, eventually they are likely to stop. What can they say after 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, LOL.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch
Yes, BTDT, but if you keep having babies, eventually they are likely to stop. What can they say after 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, LOL.
Right!!