Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

could I be having an early miscarriage

I never got a positive.pregnancy test. I tested at 11 dpo and bfn. Then I started my monthly like normal but have been passing GIANT palm sized clots. Then things calmed down. Then I got cramps CD 3 and passed more clots, then it calmed down again and now on CD 5 more cramps and more clots and heavy red bleeding again. I wouldn't be upset of I was miscarrying because at least I know I could get pregnant still. I mean at my age it's bound to happen. But wondering at what point would I absolutely need to see an Obgyn?
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena
I never got a positive.pregnancy test. I tested at 11 dpo and bfn. Then I started my monthly like normal but have been passing GIANT palm sized clots. Then things calmed down. Then I got cramps CD 3 and passed more clots, then it calmed down again and now on CD 5 more cramps and more clots and heavy red bleeding again. I wouldn't be upset of I was miscarrying because at least I know I could get pregnant still. I mean at my age it's bound to happen. But wondering at what point would I absolutely need to see an Obgyn?
Do you have any tests to take? I would see if it was positive. Hcg should still be in your system. If you start soaking a pad in an hour you should be seen.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: could I be having an early miscarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Do you have any tests to take? I would see if it was positive. Hcg should still be in your system. If you start soaking a pad in an hour you should be seen.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

^^what she said, if you are filling a pad an hour you need to go it. Otherwise they will just examine you and send you back home. I'd keep an eye on how many days you are having clots though, they should start to taper off.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with everyone else. Test.
If bleeding continues to be bad with clots, I'd be seen right away!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had 2 early losses (5 & 6 weeks) and never passed huge clots. If you're having a miscarriage you'll have a positive pregnancy test. But unless you're soaking through a pad an hour, you're probably fine.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

At times I soak pads within minutes and then for hours there is nothing. I'll go get a test at family dollar tomorrow. I think I will try to find an Obgyn tomorrow though too. Either way I probably should see someone :/
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena View Post
At times I soak pads within minutes and then for hours there is nothing. I'll go get a test at family dollar tomorrow. I think I will try to find an Obgyn tomorrow though too. Either way I probably should see someone :/
Good choice. I didn't go in when I m/c either time. Sometimes I wish I had so that it could at least have been documented on my file. Everytime I mention it at the dr. office they always say "oh, so you had a possible m/c." I always feel like slapping them because there wasn't anything possible about it.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

Good choice. I didn't go in when I m/c either time. Sometimes I wish I had so that it could at least have been documented on my file. Everytime I mention it at the dr. office they always say "oh, so you had a possible m/c." I always feel like slapping them because there wasn't anything possible about it.

Ya, def seek an OB tomorrow. What your expecting doesn't seem normal for a typical period. My sister had a 7 week mc and she passed clots but they weren't huge like yours so idk. for you too
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

You won't know for sure until you test &/or see a doctor. It's possible it's a mc, though. My AF is normally very heavy & I pass some clots (roughly thumb sized for the largest); I typically saturate a super plus tampon every 1.5 hours for the first couple days. When I had my mc, it was a 5-6 wk mc, but I didn't start bleeding until about 8 wks. It was a period of lighter bleeding that went on for a couple weeks for me, but I did have a couple of days of pretty intense bleeding similar to what you've described. Periods of cramping, then "gushing" w/ larger clots, followed by periods of lighter flow, then worsening cramping & gushing again. The way the nurse explained it to me is that the clots are gross but normal for me, of course they're larger due to the mc. The clots try to pass but may get stuck in the cervix; blood pools behind the clot, the cramping helps work the clot out, resulting in the gross clot/gush thing, then the period of lighter flow as another clot prevents your uterus from voiding.

But like others have said, if you have concerns about the reason why or the amount of blood you're passing, see someone...I probably would.