Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
My Mood:
OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Tide?!

I have seen some posts about Target Pristine Detergent and have even seen ppl say they like it better than Tide!! Has anyone used it long enough to have long term incredible cleaning results with no build up or issues etc?!

And what about TIDE I am confused...which type of Tide?!! I have read the one you want to get for dipes is tide original powder but all I can find is the Ultra original powder is that the one?! where is best place to buy it?! Is the scent really that strong?!

And lastly, what about COUNTRY SAVE?! Has anyone tried both tide and country save and able to compare them?! Which is BETTER?!

P.S. I will probably be washing in fairly hard water! So would you suggest use of water softening products with these detergents?!

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by alisonsjulejb; 12-04-2012 at 10:32 AM.
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
penguinande's Avatar
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 568
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

I have not used Tide, even on my regular laundry, so I am no help there. But I have been using the Target pristine clean for a couple months and am really happy with it. It rinses cleaner and gets rid of stains better than ecosprout, which is what I used to use on my diapers. I did have to play around with my routine a bit, but I started adding bleach to every prerinse and increased the amount of detergent I use, and now i couldn't be happier with how clean my diapers are.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
MandaMommy2's Avatar
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamlin, NY
Posts: 615
My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinande View Post
I have not used Tide, even on my regular laundry, so I am no help there. But I have been using the Target pristine clean for a couple months and am really happy with it. It rinses cleaner and gets rid of stains better than ecosprout, which is what I used to use on my diapers. I did have to play around with my routine a bit, but I started adding bleach to every prerinse and increased the amount of detergent I use, and now i couldn't be happier with how clean my diapers are.
Is target pristine clean a powder or liquid detergent?
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
nursemama23's Avatar
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fairfield PA
Posts: 1,167
Subbing to this thread because I keep seeing post about the target detergent also and I'm intrigued. Using soap nuts currently but would like something I can get from a local store instead of having to remember to order.
__________________
[SIZE="3"]Married to Mike~ Proud mama to Mackenzie (13), Madelynn (9) ,Marleigh (25months), and Noah (11months) We are a family
nursemama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,984
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

I'm going to try it anyway... decided that on another thread , but...

__________________
a happy mama with
thanks DH
Will almost always trade for yarn (vanilla. peppermint.)
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Anyone?

[/QUOTE]
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
thtr4me's Avatar
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,094
My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Love the stuff! So far most of our laundry funk has stayed away with the Target detergent. I am not sure what is causing the funk, but I suspect our local well/spring water to be the cause. Diapers are smelling almost like nothing, and towels don't reek anymore. Huge thumbsup so far from me!

Tide was not doing anything to get our laundry smelling clean, even with bleach, hot water washes, extra rinses, etc. I even tried Borax, which got rid of the smell initially, but then it came back and even the Borax could not touch it.
__________________
Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06 , Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09
Go with your gut, follow your heart.

Last edited by thtr4me; 12-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
Love the stuff! So far most of our laundry funk has stayed away with the Target detergent. I am not sure what is causing the funk, but I suspect our local well/spring water to be the cause. Diapers are smelling almost like nothing, and towels don't reek anymore. Huge thumbsup so far from me!

Tide was not doing anything to get our laundry smelling clean, even with bleach, hot water washes, extra rinses, etc. I even tried Borax, which got rid of the smell initially, but then it came back and even the Borax could not touch it.

Awesome!!! Since you have such hard water do u use a softener like Calgon and do u have to use bleach with the target detergent or are you able to get away with out it except occasionally?
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Nat4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 122
My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

I've been using Tide for a couple months now, and I wasn't very impressed. I found Original Tide in liquid form, and decided to run with it. It got my diapers fairly clean, though I always had ammonia issues. And yes, in my experience Tide does smell quite strongly - even the original scent - and I didn't like it at all! I've just barely switched to Fresh Elements Purex (recommended through a CD blog). I ran my first load yesterday with it, and my diapers have never smelled better. Woohoo!
Nat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
thtr4me's Avatar
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,094
My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsjulejb View Post
Awesome!!! Since you have such hard water do u use a softener like Calgon and do u have to use bleach with the target detergent or are you able to get away with out it except occasionally?
No softener, as I have not been able to find a single place locally that has the stuff. That and freezer paper. Is there a ban on those two items in Southern California ?

And I do still add bleach every load, just a little bit. With the strength of my 6yo's pee, I just don't feel safe without it.
__________________
Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06 , Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.