Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
bleeding but healthy pregnancy?

Anyone bleed red for a long time and still have a healthy pregnancy?

I've been bleeding red for 7 days(at first just when I wiped, light for 2 days, then medium for two days, back to light, and now back to just when I wipe). I emailed my mw last week after a couple days bleeding and she said it sounded like a m/c and to retes when I stopped bleeding. Thing is, when I tested (13dpo) I would've only been 3w5d, bled for 7 days and now I'm getting darker bfps than when I did before. On Saturday (4w3d)I went to the ER bc I was still bleeding and feeling really lightheaded, like I would pass out. I have a bleeding disorder so wondered if I might be losing too much blood. They did an u/s but didn't see anything (but I was reading that sometimes you can't even see the sac until 5 wks) and said my beta was low (but wouldn't tell me a number) and I was probably having a m/c. My bp was super high, so that explains the lightheadedness. I would be 5wks tomorrow. So anyways, I'm hoping that it was/is a sch or decidual bleeding or something since blood never became brown and I never passed any clots larger than 1-2mm... Wishful thinking? Shouldn't I get a bfn or at least lighter bfps after a whole week of bleeding at only 4wks?? Someone tell me their healthy pregnacy stories.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: bleeding but healthy pregnancy?

I had a sub chorionic hemmorage at 5 1/2 weeks and bled off and on until 10 weeks. I'm 18 weeks now and everything is fine
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
I had a sub chorionic hemmorage at 5 1/2 weeks and bled off and on until 10 weeks. I'm 18 weeks now and everything is fine
Did you bleeding stay red the whole time, or did it graduated to brown spotting? Just curious bc technically I'm spotting today, but it's still red.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I knew someone who bleed for most of her pregnancy. Her child is fine but he does have autism (unrelated I believe). So it can happen.

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I spotted for weeks, I think, with DD. We went to the ER because we thought something was wrong. They said nothing was wrong and without cramps, to not worry. Took awhile to stop bleeding. but, it was red, if I remember correctly and it wasn't a real 'flow'.. just spotting.

edit: should mention that I had a very low lying placenta.. and my current understanding is that a low lying placenta that's slowly moving as your uterus grows can cause some spotting.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
CWHmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I started bleeding at 5w with my first son. It kept up until 13 weeks. It varied between light brown spotting and heavy red bleeding and envy thing in between. I had 2 early u/s but never found a reason why. It was so scary, mc was all i thought about all day for two months. He was born at 38 weeks and is a totally healthy 5 year old now.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

With my 1st I was bleeding red for the whole 10th week. The OB and ER staff could never find a reason for it. She was born perfectly healthy at 38 weeks. With my fourth I bled for 5 days at 13 weeks and again, nothing could be found wrong and everything's fine.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No more bleeding as on this morning and the darkest bfp yet. I sent an email to my mw to see how she wants to proceed (wait and test again, u/, beta test...)
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

I bled/spotted every color from 11 weeks to 25 weeks because of a SCH. He'll be one on the 16th!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies, I did get a wee bit of spotting yesterday and this morning, so I'm thinking sch...which sucks bc I have been out of Tae Kwon Do for 2 weeks bc my kids have had this horrible stomach flu (DS1 last week and DS2 this week). I can't wait to o back, but what I've read about sch, you have to take it easy until it heals...boo