Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
COgle3's Avatar
COgle3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 940
Is this a positive OPK?

Hey mamas. After last months surprise pregnancy and miscarriage, I'm trying to figure out my fertility based on CM and OPKs. I'll add in a basal thermometer when it comes in the mail. Anyhow, I had stretchy cm yesterday and today and took an OPK at 10am and this is it[IMG][/IMG]


Is this a positive?
__________________
Courtney

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,600
My Mood:
Almost! Prob tomorrow. Or test again today around 2 and see what it looks like
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
COgle3's Avatar
COgle3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas
Almost! Prob tomorrow. Or test again today around 2 and see what it looks like
Thank you thank you! Are the cheapie opk tests on amaZon okay to use?
__________________
Courtney

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,600
My Mood:
I've always only used Internet cheapies and never had any problems at all. Post with your next test!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
MacMomma's Avatar
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 536
Re: Is this a positive OPK?

Almost, but not quite. I used amazon cheapies and they worked wonderfully.
__________________
Sarah (25), SAHM to sweet little J (7/11) & L (7/13), married to my highschool sweetheart

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
KatieB621's Avatar
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Claxton, GA
Posts: 1,971
My Mood:
Re: Is this a positive OPK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
Hey mamas. After last months surprise pregnancy and miscarriage, I'm trying to figure out my fertility based on CM and OPKs. I'll add in a basal thermometer when it comes in the mail. Anyhow, I had stretchy cm yesterday and today and took an OPK at 10am and this is it[IMG][/IMG]


Is this a positive?
Test tomorrow! Does this mean that you are TTC now? NTNP?
__________________
~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
COgle3's Avatar
COgle3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 940
[IMG][/IMG

Honest to goodness truth, my m/c last cycle made me super sad I don't get a new baby, but also made me think hard about what a third baby would mean. New car, my attention between three kids, not being able to get out with the kids as much, etc. I have zero family in Georgia and no friends yet :/ I constantly go back and forth, but hubs is just a no on a third baby...
__________________
Courtney

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
COgle3's Avatar
COgle3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 940
Oh and there is no such thing as NTNP with us. Some people have a hard time getting pregnant, but we seem to have the opposite issue. I have one Yasmin birth control baby, one mini pill baby, and my m/c baby was a (perfectly fine-he checks!) condom baby. It's just as upsetting getting pregnant when trying hard not to as it would be if we were trying to. I feel like its constantly out of my control and is so stressful and scary, which is why I am trying the NFP. I'd love to have a baby on my own terms, not another in college at 19 , or while my other baby is too young, or when I am meant to start college again. It's horrible feeling like I literally can't be I intimate with my husband without getting pregnant
__________________
Courtney

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
KatieB621's Avatar
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Claxton, GA
Posts: 1,971
My Mood:
Re: Is this a positive OPK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
Oh and there is no such thing as NTNP with us. Some people have a hard time getting pregnant, but we seem to have the opposite issue. I have one Yasmin birth control baby, one mini pill baby, and my m/c baby was a (perfectly fine-he checks!) condom baby. It's just as upsetting getting pregnant when trying hard not to as it would be if we were trying to. I feel like its constantly out of my control and is so stressful and scary, which is why I am trying the NFP. I'd love to have a baby on my own terms, not another in college at 19 , or while my other baby is too young, or when I am meant to start college again. It's horrible feeling like I literally can't be I intimate with my husband without getting pregnant
Tottally understand this! I had one BC baby (ended in M/C), too. My 2nd M/C happened while we were ttc DD. We ttc for nearly a year before DD. Because it took so long to get her, I didn't think I could get pg if we didn't use a condom one night when she was 6 m. old. Less than 2 weeks later I had a BFP and we were actively tta then. Since then I've been unsure as to if I'm easy to get that way or not, so we were diligint in tta until nearly 2 m. ago and started NTNP then. No BFP yet. I totally understand somewhat wanting another, but realizing that it's TOTALLY not the right time. We've just gotten to a point now where if it happens I wouldn't be as devastated about it as I was when I got pg with DS. Hope you can tta sucessfully until you are ready again for another LO!
__________________
~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
COgle3's Avatar
COgle3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

Tottally understand this! I had one BC baby (ended in M/C), too. My 2nd M/C happened while we were ttc DD. We ttc for nearly a year before DD. Because it took so long to get her, I didn't think I could get pg if we didn't use a condom one night when she was 6 m. old. Less than 2 weeks later I had a BFP and we were actively tta then. Since then I've been unsure as to if I'm easy to get that way or not, so we were diligint in tta until nearly 2 m. ago and started NTNP then. No BFP yet. I totally understand somewhat wanting another, but realizing that it's TOTALLY not the right time. We've just gotten to a point now where if it happens I wouldn't be as devastated about it as I was when I got pg with DS. Hope you can tta sucessfully until you are ready again for another LO!
Thanks for your empathy Katie. I couldn't imagine a bfp with a 6 month old. I could hardly accept it with a 15 month old! I hope you get a bfp soon!
__________________
Courtney

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.