Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Is this a positive OPK?

Hey mamas. After last months surprise pregnancy and miscarriage, I'm trying to figure out my fertility based on CM and OPKs. I'll add in a basal thermometer when it comes in the mail. Anyhow, I had stretchy cm yesterday and today and took an OPK at 10am and this is it[IMG][/IMG]

Is this a positive?

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Almost! Prob tomorrow. Or test again today around 2 and see what it looks like
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas
Almost! Prob tomorrow. Or test again today around 2 and see what it looks like
Thank you thank you! Are the cheapie opk tests on amaZon okay to use?

Sew Love For Love
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've always only used Internet cheapies and never had any problems at all. Post with your next test!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is this a positive OPK?

Almost, but not quite. I used amazon cheapies and they worked wonderfully.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
Hey mamas. After last months surprise pregnancy and miscarriage, I'm trying to figure out my fertility based on CM and OPKs. I'll add in a basal thermometer when it comes in the mail. Anyhow, I had stretchy cm yesterday and today and took an OPK at 10am and this is it[IMG][/IMG]

Is this a positive?
Test tomorrow! Does this mean that you are TTC now? NTNP?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

[IMG][/IMG

Honest to goodness truth, my m/c last cycle made me super sad I don't get a new baby, but also made me think hard about what a third baby would mean. New car, my attention between three kids, not being able to get out with the kids as much, etc. I have zero family in Georgia and no friends yet :/ I constantly go back and forth, but hubs is just a no on a third baby...

Sew Love For Love
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Oh and there is no such thing as NTNP with us. Some people have a hard time getting pregnant, but we seem to have the opposite issue. I have one Yasmin birth control baby, one mini pill baby, and my m/c baby was a (perfectly fine-he checks!) condom baby. It's just as upsetting getting pregnant when trying hard not to as it would be if we were trying to. I feel like its constantly out of my control and is so stressful and scary, which is why I am trying the NFP. I'd love to have a baby on my own terms, not another in college at 19 , or while my other baby is too young, or when I am meant to start college again. It's horrible feeling like I literally can't be I intimate with my husband without getting pregnant

Sew Love For Love
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
Oh and there is no such thing as NTNP with us. Some people have a hard time getting pregnant, but we seem to have the opposite issue. I have one Yasmin birth control baby, one mini pill baby, and my m/c baby was a (perfectly fine-he checks!) condom baby. It's just as upsetting getting pregnant when trying hard not to as it would be if we were trying to. I feel like its constantly out of my control and is so stressful and scary, which is why I am trying the NFP. I'd love to have a baby on my own terms, not another in college at 19 , or while my other baby is too young, or when I am meant to start college again. It's horrible feeling like I literally can't be I intimate with my husband without getting pregnant
Tottally understand this! I had one BC baby (ended in M/C), too. My 2nd M/C happened while we were ttc DD. We ttc for nearly a year before DD. Because it took so long to get her, I didn't think I could get pg if we didn't use a condom one night when she was 6 m. old. Less than 2 weeks later I had a BFP and we were actively tta then. Since then I've been unsure as to if I'm easy to get that way or not, so we were diligint in tta until nearly 2 m. ago and started NTNP then. No BFP yet. I totally understand somewhat wanting another, but realizing that it's TOTALLY not the right time. We've just gotten to a point now where if it happens I wouldn't be as devastated about it as I was when I got pg with DS. Hope you can tta sucessfully until you are ready again for another LO!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

Tottally understand this! I had one BC baby (ended in M/C), too. My 2nd M/C happened while we were ttc DD. We ttc for nearly a year before DD. Because it took so long to get her, I didn't think I could get pg if we didn't use a condom one night when she was 6 m. old. Less than 2 weeks later I had a BFP and we were actively tta then. Since then I've been unsure as to if I'm easy to get that way or not, so we were diligint in tta until nearly 2 m. ago and started NTNP then. No BFP yet. I totally understand somewhat wanting another, but realizing that it's TOTALLY not the right time. We've just gotten to a point now where if it happens I wouldn't be as devastated about it as I was when I got pg with DS. Hope you can tta sucessfully until you are ready again for another LO!
Thanks for your empathy Katie. I couldn't imagine a bfp with a 6 month old. I could hardly accept it with a 15 month old! I hope you get a bfp soon!

Sew Love For Love