Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,589
Nursing my 11 month old

Ds is 11 months today and he's currently dream nursing. I can't believe we made it this far! I finally just accepted that he would have to have formula once I started working and it was ok. I pump what I can and nurse him when we are together. He loves his mommy time and snuggles his face between my breasts when he is sleepy and needs to nurse. It had been a struggle but it has been a rewarding one. I don't have plans to wean but the law only covers me pumping at work till 12 months so ill continue as long as I have enough milk to make him happy!
__________________
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Teexie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,933
Congrats mama!
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 12,584
My Mood:
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Great job and I hope you both make it as long as you want.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 14,458
My Mood:
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Congratulations.I made it fourteen months then got pregnant and it went down from there. hugs.
__________________
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlockscreen , Perk, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
swrlgrl105's Avatar
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,176
My Mood:
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
Ds is 11 months today and he's currently dream nursing. I can't believe we made it this far! I finally just accepted that he would have to have formula once I started working and it was ok. I pump what I can and nurse him when we are together. He loves his mommy time and snuggles his face between my breasts when he is sleepy and needs to nurse. It had been a struggle but it has been a rewarding one. I don't have plans to wean but the law only covers me pumping at work till 12 months so ill continue as long as I have enough milk to make him happy!
oh mama that stinks your state only covers 12 months I live in maine and we cover up to 3 years from birth
__________________
~Cristina - wife to my best friend R , and Mommy to Eli and Nora, our Rainbow baby!!
swrlgrl105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 12,584
My Mood:
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
oh mama that stinks your state only covers 12 months I live in maine and we cover up to 3 years from birth
I had no idea!!! I am in Maine too. My employer never allowed me to pump enough. I also had no place to store my milk. I ended up drying up after only 4 months.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
swrlgrl105's Avatar
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,176
My Mood:
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I had no idea!!! I am in Maine too. My employer never allowed me to pump enough. I also had no place to store my milk. I ended up drying up after only 4 months.
I had no idea either until I started working in the HR department of my work. When we revised the handbook, they added that in.

The actual law is:

In accordance to Maine State Law, LD 373, an employer must provide adequate unpaid break time each day (and/or allows the use of paid break time or meal time), for a mother to express breast milk for her nursing child for up to three (3) years following childbirth. An employer must make reasonable efforts to provide a clean and private location, other than a bathroom, for such purposes, and may not discriminate in any way against an employee who chooses to express breast milk in the workplace.
__________________
~Cristina - wife to my best friend R , and Mommy to Eli and Nora, our Rainbow baby!!
swrlgrl105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
l_Kimmie_l
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 12,584
My Mood:
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
I had no idea either until I started working in the HR department of my work. When we revised the handbook, they added that in.

The actual law is:

In accordance to Maine State Law, LD 373, an employer must provide adequate unpaid break time each day (and/or allows the use of paid break time or meal time), for a mother to express breast milk for her nursing child for up to three (3) years following childbirth. An employer must make reasonable efforts to provide a clean and private location, other than a bathroom, for such purposes, and may not discriminate in any way against an employee who chooses to express breast milk in the workplace.
Wow - go Maine!!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
Teexie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,933
Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Wow - go Maine!!!
Agreed...that is awesome!!
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
cyanotype's Avatar
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 433
My Mood:
Congrats!!!!!

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.