Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
hollyk
Registered Users
seller

budget Pocket

I need advice/help on the best pocket diaper for a extremely small budget. I don't like prefolds/covers just could never fit right, I currently have fuzzibunz on loan through diaper program, but would love to get our own to let others in need as well benefit as we have. So for Christmas my little one will get diapers, My sister is buying 6 Kawaii bamboo diapers, have never used but heard they are pretty good. Are there any other that are recommended and inexpensive but don't leak all the time and are not super bulky. I am hoping to buy 6-8 more.

Thanks for the help
hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: budget Pocket

Alvas or Sunbabies.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
hollyk
Registered Users
seller

I have heard of those, but my question is, I also hear it takes a long time to get order,
hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
GiosMami
Registered Users

I got mine in about 3 weeks , they also have a expedited shipping for $15 I believe. I'm actually quite surprised at their quality too ... They are so far working out great , I got the blended inserts...
GiosMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

If you order thru the alva site directly, you can tell them that you need the items by a certain date and if its at least 10 ish days away, it should work. Otherwise the standard shipping they do takes about 3 weeks
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

Not to self-promote, but we have a limited number of our Diaper Safari One Size Pockets left -- they're $8.95 each and we ship free within a couple days.
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 dozen Sunbaby pockets-- mine took about three weeks as well, without expedited shipping. They're cute and have held up well, but are certainly not night-worthy. If you need them quicker, I'm sure you can find some on FSOT
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
GiosMami
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama
I have 2 dozen Sunbaby pockets-- mine took about three weeks as well, without expedited shipping. They're cute and have held up well, but are certainly not night-worthy. If you need them quicker, I'm sure you can find some on FSOT
Really ? What was the nighttime issue ? They are the only ones I can use at night , I just use 1 blended and 1 doubler and it makes it through til 10am ! Just curious if there is anything I need to look out for since I haven't had them for very long
GiosMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiosMami View Post
Really ? What was the nighttime issue ? They are the only ones I can use at night , I just use 1 blended and 1 doubler and it makes it through til 10am ! Just curious if there is anything I need to look out for since I haven't had them for very long
They always leak for me-- even during the day I get leaks occasionally. The only night-proof pocket for me is BGOS.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
LaurelBelle
Curator of Newborn Diaper Forum Reference Sticky
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiosMami

I always got wicking around the legs at night, too. Love them for daytime, though!