Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
Riverleaf1772
Registered Users
seller

Child's Art Supply Organization

My daughter (3) loves arts and crafts. She has an old coffee table as an art table and I keep a basket of markers, foam stickers, and paper/coloring books on it. She has a basket on the kitchen table of ornaments she's making for Christmas. And she has an easel with crayons and chalk in her bedroom. All very minimalist and organized and in modules.

The problem isn't what's out. Its all the stuff I have squirreled away - paint, watercolors, beads, strings, extra foam stickers, playdoh, etc. I try to keep in a three drawer plastic tub from Target, but it over flows. I want her to be able to use them but I don't know how to organize them where she can access them reasonably. I tend to take them out as she gets bored with something and rotate, but half the time I can't find the stuff.

Any ideas? Please.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Over the door shoe hanger. You can put the supplies in the pouches. Store the things she needs supervision with, like scissors, glue, etc in the high ones and stuff she can pull out on her own at her level. This is my plan as we currently have the "craft bin" that overflows too lol
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Child's Art Supply Organization

What about a few small square ottamans like these http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-...toman/15862677 You can store stuff in them and she can use them as a seat at her coffee table and then slide them under the table when done using them. I think the 12x12 in plastic containers will fit in them on their sides to help organize different materials.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

not sure if u will like this but im loving it! gonna do this for my kids hs art supplies. http://www.justagirlblog.com/art-supply-caddy/
Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels View Post
not sure if u will like this but im loving it! gonna do this for my kids hs art supplies. http://www.justagirlblog.com/art-supply-caddy/
That would be perfect for my dd!!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels View Post
Thank you for Posting this! I used mason jars are did this with our supplies after seeing this post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
What a fun topic! I am not necessarily a minimalist with art supplies, so it's nice to see these ideas for organization. My kiddo is only 1, so we're not too far into the organized art just yet. But I do have some clear tupperware containers from the dollar store that sit on a bookshelf she can reach - markers, crayons, stickers, bingo dabbers etc...

And I've also got a set up from Ikea. It's a bar with little cups hanging from their handles. So I have the bar about a foot off the ground, and 4 plastic containers that rest on it with some rocks and poms and other things. I like that she can access it and play with it where she'd like, and it cleans up easily.

Google images:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1VCdvD379v...0/100_9107.JPG

Lots of other fun ideas here
that is really neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Thank you for Posting this! I used mason jars are did this with our supplies after seeing this post
i saw this one day when i was looking for ideas & loved it. i dont have a lot of storage & this is perfect for us. holds everything in one place bit its small & compact. all i need is the stuff to do it.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
Over the door shoe hanger. You can put the supplies in the pouches. Store the things she needs supervision with, like scissors, glue, etc in the high ones and stuff she can pull out on her own at her level. This is my plan as we currently have the "craft bin" that overflows too lol
I have that in my laundry room for miscellaneous supplies like batteries, flashlights, gift cards, pencils, spare keys, chargers etc. I would personally find the slots too small to be useful for everything.

Iuse clear shoe boxes. Each is clearly labeled and shelved. They are grouped by what is similar and what fits. Markers, colored pencils, dry erase, and dot paint are in one. pom poms, glitter, glitter glue, googly eyes, pipe cleaners in one. Glue, glue sticks, hot glue, foam glue, in one. etc. if someone tells me how to post a pick straight from my phone I'll try to get one up later
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am trying to figure this out also. We have craft stuff in our office closet and in the "craft closet" in the kitchen/dining room. The "craft closet" also houses our steam mop, vacuum, broom, etc. I am trying to consolidate everything and decide how I want to store it.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

would this work? http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_di...ose-empty.html