Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
smiling.politely
Registered Users
seller

Feeling full

I am preggo with my second baby. My first baby, I didn't even know I was pregnant until my third month. This time I knew at two weeks. Big difference, I know! Anyway, this time though I find myself readjusting the way I sit frequently and I'm already moving my pants out of the way, because the baby area just feels "full". I had sciatic nerve pain right before I found out I was pregnant with the first baby. I have had that for two weeks now! Maybe more. It will be a while before I can get in and get an ultrasound done. Dh's mom and dad are both from sets of twins. There really isn't any on my side that I know of, yet both my parents were fostered/adopted if you would. Is there anyone that has had or is preggo with twins that has felt this way? Are there any ways to really check? I know there is some way to check for the top of your uterus, but I need it "dummed" down. Lol. The internet is not helping me understand anything!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling full

My dh can already feel my uterus. It feels like a a softball. not soft ball, but the ball that is hard and larger than a baseball, haha. Last pregnancy, I went in for first visit at 7 weeks and it was already so far up they sent me in for u/s and thought I may be at least a month off on my dates-but I wasn't.
the dummed down part--
lay on your back on a bed and let your feet hang off from the knees down. If it really is your uterus expanding early, you will feel it in that position better than any. hth.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am scared to push too much there! Can you feel around without damaging the little bean? I don't even wear tight pants at this point.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sure. I don't mash or anything. It's just there and high enough I can put my fingers on it. The dr. Confirmed that's what it was last pregnancy at 7 weeks at my first visit so I know I'm not a loon.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
smiling.politely
Registered Users
seller

It's always good to have confirmation that we're not loony! I tried to find the softball in my abdomen and couldn't find it! So I asked the dh and he couldn't find it either. It's quite tender there! I tried lying on the floor too! After my first baby was born, the midwife kept trying to find the fundus and couldn't at first. She said that I had "some really good stomach muscles". I just had a baby, and I have good stomach muscles still? Fantastic! We pushed around a bit. I figured since I had so much back pain with baby number one, that maybe it pushed towards the back. No luck. Bummer.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

may be the dreaded bloat then. Or just tucked well behind those super stomach muscles (jealous) I think we all have some bloat by now. Don't worry. Your softball will show up sooner than later.