Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

LO screaming for me to take off wool :(

I think I'm going to cry DD is almost 17 months and is not wanting to wear wool anymore. We have been 100% wool until a few weeks ago when she started attending daycare twice a week. There she was in fleece pants instead of wool. Sometime during this transition of me working and her going to daycare, she started disliking her wool It started when I'd put her in pull on soakers, she cry and fight me to pull them off. If I hurried and put them on anyway she would stop fussing when it was all the way on. (I guess because it was around her diaper and she couldn't feel it anymore?) Then it started when I'd put on her longies too. We have a mix of interlock, knits, and upcycled, and she has fussed over all of them, especially when I'm trying to pull on a soaker or knit pants. She actually screams and cries like she's in pain, but her skin is not irritated anywhere so I am pretty positive that she is fine, well physically anyways.

I'm thinking about investing in some wool wraps, where she doesn't have to feel the wool on her legs. I'm soooo sad. I've read threads about other LOs and wool, but I never would've thought that I would be in the same boat. Ugh. If you have gone through this, is this only a stage? Maybe she'll be fine with it next month? I want to blame the transition of me staying at home to working, but she is getting older and letting us know her preferences/dislikes, so I don't know.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LO screaming for me to take off wool :(

We never used wool longies, but I did have wool wraps. When my son was around 2 he started yelling "No wools" and pushing them away if I tried to use one. He's 42 months now and doesn't seem to mind any more. So there is hope

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
coveredcaboose
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, usually wool is really soft. Maybe take a break from it and try again
Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
We never used wool longies, but I did have wool wraps. When my son was around 2 he started yelling "No wools" and pushing them away if I tried to use one. He's 42 months now and doesn't seem to mind any more. So there is hope
Yay! This is what I wanted to hear!

I am taking a little break and will try again in a few days. *fingers crossed*
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I had to stop using wool on my toddler, not because he hated it but because he liked it so much that he would always play with it and pick at it. Once he realized he could make holes in his pants, it was all over with . I hope she changes her mind soon, and you can use woolies again!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Maybe she is like me. Wool stings and burns me no matter how soft it is. My skin NEVER looks irritated from it, but I feel it and am miserable. Maybe since she has always worn wool she did not realize it bothered her, but the few days without and the fact that she is older it has finally connected up that those do bother her. I hope this is not the case for you and that it all works in the end. I know many mama's love their wool!
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
Maybe she is like me. Wool stings and burns me no matter how soft it is. My skin NEVER looks irritated from it, but I feel it and am miserable. Maybe since she has always worn wool she did not realize it bothered her, but the few days without and the fact that she is older it has finally connected up that those do bother her. I hope this is not the case for you and that it all works in the end. I know many mama's love their wool!
This is me too, or used to be. I can touch cashmere and I think that's wool?

Cashmere...
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

My toddler is the same. She's been in wool full time since hours after birth, but around 18 months she suddenly decided she HATES wearing knitting things. She would scream, yank on it, and just generally throw a fit until I took it off. I was so sad because she had a gorgeous wool stash that cost close to a thousand dollars! LOL I sold the vast majority of her stash cheap so it would go fast and I could fund interlock wraps like LoveyBums. She tolerates them just fine, but even now she will not wear a knitted hat or cardigan. I think she's just putting her toddler foot down to test her boundaries and this is too expensive of a battle to fight her on.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
lavender dragonfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no!!!!

Asher went through this and sadly we sold all our woolies. We are officially a AIO family with the exception of his SBish longies he wears a night. I kept a pair of DD Serpentine Dragon longies hoping I could sneak them on occasionally and get my woolies fix, but Asher cries "no mama" and runs away when he sees them coming.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD (2.5) started refusing longies recently as well, and I found that putting cotton tights on under her wool solved the problem. She's PL'ed, though, so that wouldn't work if you do coverless dipes w/ wool.