Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
tiffanyghegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had mirena inserted on 8/25/10 and removed on 10/18/12. I never had AF the entire time mirena was inserted. After removal I had spotting here and there which from what I've read its normal. Then this past Friday 12/7/12 I started what I thought was my first AF since removal. It was very light on Friday then on Saturday it was like a normal period. By Saturday night it was light. By Sunday I was just spotting. Sunday night I was completely done. My question is was that AF or just withdrawal bleeding? I am more then ready to have another little one and am getting frustrated with the delay of AF's return. I know I can get preggo without AF but at least I could chart my ovulation. Any advice is better then none.
tiffanyghegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
sweetsunrise
Registered Users
seller

Re: questions about life after mirena

Hey! I had my mirena from Nov/2011-Oct/2012 and like you didn't have a period once I got it put in. I got my first period exactly one month after having it removed, but prior to having my period I started charting my temps one week prior, so I knew the day my temp dropped drastically that my period was coming. Have you tried charting your temps? It's tricky to know if that was your AF or if it was just spotting, but I wouldn't think this far out that it'd be withdrawal bleeding since I think that happens a few days after removal. If I were you I'd start charting and see what happens It can be tricky since your body is still working on getting back "into gear." I'd temp for the next 30 days and I would think in that time you'd see some type of flow to your temps. Good luck!
sweetsunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: questions about life after mirena

I would imagine it was your period. Mine started about 5 weeks out and I was told it would be 6 weeks.