Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
mamarudy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how frustrating is it...

when your LO poops minutes after changing into a clean diaper?!? and worse yet, after putting on the night time diaper, after you stuffed it with doublers (or whatever you use).
happened to me twice tonight. i don't know why but i find it more frustrating now that i CD than it did when i used disposables. maybe because i attach a greater value to her cloth, because i only have so many, or because i feel like it is such a waste to have to wash a dry diaper, even though yes it is soiled

what frustrates you? (whether it be in regards to CDing or just diapers in general)
mamarudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My kiddos always did that. They prefer to work with a clean canvas
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Re: how frustrating is it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
My kiddos always did that. They prefer to work with a clean canvas
My DD, too.
I get frustrated when I get my sleepy DD in a fresh diaper, all snuggled up in bed for a nap, and then she poops. Because changing her gets her all riled up again, and the process has to start all over.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i like it actually. call me crazy but i have certain diapers that i like to have poop in, and im getting pretty good at timing them where he has a poopy diaper in them almost every time. they are flats, and while i am not crazy about flats for wet diapers (he is a heavy wetter), the flat piece of fabric makes poop easier to spray off in my opinion. i dont like working around the elastic or unstuffing diapers or anything when they are poopy.
pioneergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Once our stash got big, none of that really bugged me too much, but when my son only had THREE nighttime diapers, yeah, I would not appreciate him pooping in one shortly after going to bed!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

We're attempting EC, so for me it's more that we had him on the potty and waited a good long while, but he was done with the whole thing. Right when I get the diaper on him and get him up on my back, he poops! Then I have to get him out of the BabyHawk to change him. It's like he enjoys waiting until I've got him all packed up to go! I know it's really just bad timing on my part and I should just wait a few to pack him up, but still...
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
momtomy3
Registered Users
Formerly: karismom
seller
seller

I get most frustrated when she poops in a diaper right when I am halfway through diaper laundry.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
mammato2
Registered Users
seller
seller

Call me crazy but I absolutely hate when my kids do this in sposies. It's like a waste of 25 cents. I don't mind it so much in cloth because ill just throw if in the wash with everything else, but a sposie! Those cost me money! And just to throw it away! That's why we don't use them barely at all.. In fact I bought a case at SAMs club last year around this time for my dd, and we still have half the case. Good thing she's still in the same size

Like me on facebook for a free discount code to the Etsy site!
mammato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
LaurelBelle
Curator of Newborn Diaper Forum Reference Sticky
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammato2
Call me crazy but I absolutely hate when my kids do this in sposies. It's like a waste of 25 cents. I don't mind it so much in cloth because ill just throw if in the wash with everything else, but a sposie! Those cost me money! And just to throw it away! That's why we don't use them barely at all..
This!! Hated it more in sposies than cloth. Except for the nighttime ones, 'cause those are a lot of work to stuff, and only had a few of those.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I don't mind the pooping in a fresh diaper. It confirms one of the reasons we do cloth. Nothing was wasted.

I cannot presently think of anything about cloth diapers that bothers me. If I think of something I will add it later.