Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else have trouble BDing so often while TTCing?

Hi,

My husband thinks we are not normal. During this last cycle we had sex 5 times in 11 days. We tried last night for the last fertile day this cycle and failed. Neither of us were in the mood. He thinks that "normal couples" have sex every night or at least this often normally (or at least some leftover 15 year old part of his brain does). A couple of the other successful nights weren't easy as well.

Anyone else find it hard to be in the mood this much this often?

O was delayed 3 days, most likely because of the omega 3-6-9 i started taking, but i also had more fertile CM, so worth it. next cycle (if needed) I won't start us as early.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If we have sex 5 times in 11 days its a miracle! I'm just too tired and not in the mood or he isn't. That's what happens when you have kids. Sometimes though if he's in the mood and I'm not I just go ahead anyways esp if its been a couple days since we have bd.

I think it's totally normal! When we were newlyweds it's was pretty much everyday. Then it's just slowed down as we have gotten older and have 2 kids.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else have trouble BDing so often while TTCing?

You are totally normal! My dh and I love trying because it is exciting to think about a new baby but when you have a CURRENT baby that wakes up like clockwork at 6am it is hard to get in the mood! Soooo tired! Don't stress. All couples go through this when they have little ones. Just remind him that when they are teenagers there will be soooo much time! They sleep until noon .
Old 12-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! We shoot for every other night leading up to O, we are tired and often have trouble fitting everything we want to do in a day. I just see charts at tcoyf.com and people talking about every night for 5 or more days leading up to O, I just don't think that can happen. Our normal activity is a few times a month, we always say its not enough. I think a healthly happy amount for us is about once a week - this 2-3 times a week is hard. Even when we were 20 we were never every night people, so this isn't too surprising.

We are trying for the 2013 fall baby. It feels selfish but I don't want another winter baby. So we are taking a 3-4 month break soon. If that happens there should be a bit less push because of the 8-9 months available for the 2014 baby.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-19-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also when we first started trying my doctor every other day is better than everyday because there are more swimmers. Hehe.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have read everyother day or even every 3 days gives a higher sperm count and better chances of conception.

Also I have read absence not only makes the heart grow fonder but also makes more sperm. I don't know if it is true. It has been several years since I read the article but it said being away a day or two, either him or you, can temporarily increase sperm count. All I remember was it was something about the man's body staking it's claim. It said it differently but this was how I remembered it.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I have read everyother day or even every 3 days gives a higher sperm count and better chances of conception.

Also I have read absence not only makes the heart grow fonder but also makes more sperm. I don't know if it is true. It has been several years since I read the article but it said being away a day or two, either him or you, can temporarily increase sperm count. All I remember was it was something about the man's body staking it's claim. It said it differently but this was how I remembered it.
Maybe my DH should stop working from home, or I should go stay with his mom every once in awhile
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko

Yep, it's true. That's where all those post deployment surprise babies come from in men who have had vasectomies. The vasectomy is no match for the 8 month build up or whatever :-)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm View Post
Also when we first started trying my doctor every other day is better than everyday because there are more swimmers. Hehe.
This is very true! However, if you are trying to catch 'O' and she comes and goes quickly, sometimes every day can be better.

I think it's totally normal. DH and I can go two weeks + without dtd and it makes me feel awful. But we get SO busy with kids, homework, stuff for work, going places, we are just TOO tired.

I need to dtd between December 22nd and January 1, just to make sure I cover all my bases with O and my lunar fertile chart. So he doesn't know it, but I'm making sure to get cleaning and stuff and freezing meals done now so things are easier for us. It would be nice to DTD this much anyways, and not be so tired.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like a fun Christmas and great job planning ahead!

Good Luck!