Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pain after feeling fine?

Im almost 6 weeks past my csection (will be 6 weeks on Friday). I had been feeling really good, barely had any pain along my incision, just numbness. Now last week (5 weeks after) suddenly it started hurting again. Im scared to use my stomach muscles cause it pulls at my incision. Its especially sensitive at both ends. Its not a constant pain but its alot more sensitive and sometimes I get sharp pains along the incision when I twist the wrong way... Is that normal? Is it possible I just did too much all of a sudden so its setting me back a litte? I don't have my 6 week check up until mid January cause the doctor is out of the office...
Old 12-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pain after feeling fine?

Sounds very normal for me. The sharp pains (I was told) are nerves. I had those off and on for the first year after each c-section. I hate how it's all the sudden and wham! It makes ya gasp and tear up! Baby Girl is 14 months now and I rarely get them now.

You might have over-done it if the whole area is hurting again. I noticed (for me, every woman is different) that around your time I started feeling pretty dern good, but still had to take it a bit more easy (as easy as you can multiple kids)... definitely no working out yet and being super nice to ab muscles (avoiding as much as I could still). Then around 3 months, I was soooo feeling better. By 10 months I could do crunches without the incision/area hurting. The 3 month mark was a good mark for me... Beside working out, I never felt like I could "overdo" it by that mark.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
You could have overdone yourself some. Once you feel good it's easy to forget you recently had major surgery. It's normal though, it is nerves. With two of my deliveries, I have had the 'electrical twinges' well into 6months, even 1 year pp.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #4
blueyes
Registered Users

Sounds pretty normal to me. I still get the sharp pains on the incision area even when I have a few years post-operative C-section and when I'm in a relaxed state. It's the nerves that are acting up in our skin.
blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks everyone. It lasted less than a week and I feel a million times better now.