Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Dealing with MSPI issues and/or Peanut Allergy?

My son was diagnosed with Milk intolerance at 2 mo, so I've been off dairy since then. Recently, he stuck his hand in the PB jar while making cookies and broke out in hives (scary). So.... They think its a peanut allergy. We actually have an appt with a pediatric allergist next week, I'm crossing my fingers we get some answers.

So here is my actual question. I been re introducing m some dairy back into my diet (chocolate, and I've had pizza a couple of times lately with seemingly no effect). No mucus, no blood, but it seem like he is spitting up a bit more. He hasn't been acting uncomfortable either. At 6 months, should I indri dice more and see what happens? Stay away from it until I talk to his doctor? Thoughts on how to re introduce foods?
Bugga Butts Boutique Find me on Etsy :
Mama to DD Peyton, a crazy smart 4 yo and DS Keaton (16 months) Peanut/Milk/Egg Allergies
Mheagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Dealing with MSPI issues and/or Peanut Allergy?

I stayed away from dairy till a year then introduced cheese.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Dealing with MSPI issues and/or Peanut Allergy?

I wouldn't go farther than what you did. 2 months is still a little young and his intestines still aren't full developed to handle that if he is already having a problem. I was able to eat that stuff and it didn't affect her after 9 months. My daughter is 15 months old and we give her a little yogurt. She gets gasy and has a hive breakout so I stop.
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote